Adding food instead of taking away

Options
Everyday, it seems that I find myself in drastic calorie deficit. Is anyone else running into the same thing? I know this is a good thing but I ate a Big Mac the other day to make up for lost calories. I want to be in the negative but I also want to eat right (no more Big Macs though). I mainly eat chef salads and drink lots of water.

Replies

• Ksnoddy87
    Ksnoddy87 Posts: 121
    Options
    I've experienced the same thing....I will eat as much as I can and on some day I am way under my calorie limit but I just cant eat any more! lol! Most of the time I will try to make me a healthy fruit smoothie to make up for the lost calories in a healthy way!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    more calorie dense but healthy foods. Nuts, avocado, whole milk, olive oil, peanut butter, dense whole grain carbs....stay away from any and all "low fat" or "diet" foods.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    At first this is an issue but as you workout and challenge your body .. it's your body that requires and demands more food intake.

Add healthy foods.. I'd stay away from the big macs .. lol. .just saying!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Definitely go for higher quality calories such as Robin52077 said. Maybe some protein drinks???
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Add healthy, clean calories; not garbage!
    You can easily add some calories to your day by adding some healthy fats! Avocados, natural peanut butter, almonds, olive oil, coconut oil, salmon, etc.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Add some protein shakes, nuts, avocado, greek yogurt, string cheese --- protein is good!
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I do that fairly frequently. I'm getting better at eating enough now though. Sometimes it takes some calculating. There are things that are higher calorie but still healthy. Things like avocados and some other fruits and vegetables. I've spent a lot of time googling those things. You can also try protein shakes. Watch the sugar content though. A lot of them aren't worth the protein and calories because of the high sugar content. Good luck!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I don't know how this is possible for anyone! I am always barely squeaking in under and sometimes go over by 100 or less. Definitely don't shoot for a big mac to fill up calories though. try something a little healthier....I agree w/ robin52077!
  • la_flaca
    la_flaca Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Smoothies (with protein powder) definitely help....good way to get in some healthy calories without feeling so full all the time
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    more calorie dense but healthy foods. Nuts, avocado, whole milk, olive oil, peanut butter, dense whole grain carbs....stay away from any and all "low fat" or "diet" foods.

This. You've got to eat real food and all day long so your aren't stuffing yourself in the evenings. I eat 2000 calories a day.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I love Big Macs but I rarely eat them. lol! I had my son over the weekend so it was easy to fall into temptation especially since I could see such a large deficit. Anyway, I usually stick to chicken and turkey for big meals, eggs in the morning and almonds for snacks.

I exercise a lot but I don't factor that into my normal deficit. Even so, I am often finding myself 400 or more calories difference. I'm going to start adding more fruit to my diet and whey protein.
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    :)
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    Are you using the food calculator on here? It's been a good method of checks and balances for me. This has been a real eye opener for me. I never realized that I had been starving myself before. I'm really trying to make a conscience effort not to do that this time around.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Good to hear that you aren't filling your diary with Big Macs every day :)
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    Options
    I sure would like to though. haha!