how to log pedometers?

I have a cheap pedometer that does not show the calories burned. How do I convert that and log it?

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    It really depends on your intensity of those steps. Running at high speed and strolling to the bathroom will have different burns.
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Its just a standard walk. I have a desk job.
  • akgrl1020
    akgrl1020 Posts: 179
    You wold only log it if you are making it a point to walk for an extended period of time. If it is just tracking your typical day, without say a planned 30 minute walk, that is already figured in your calorie goal when selected your activity level.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    You should be able to find a calculator online that will give you the option to log the steps and convert. You would just put it as low intensity walking.
  • Tonekupone
    Tonekupone Posts: 12 Member
    You can view a Steps to Miles Conversion Chart here http://hr.uoregon.edu/worklife/stepstomilesconversionchart.pdf

It shows the steps converted to Minutes and Miles. So lets say on your lunch break your pedometer shows 3500 steps that would calculate for average walk to 35 mins and 1 3/4 miles. You should then be able to log how long your walk is and the pace in your exercise tab.

Hope this helps. It did for me!
  • Are you wanting to keep track of progress or count as calories?
    I log the time of my plank a day in the strength training portion of the exercise journal so I can look back and see how I've progressed.
    That's where I would put steps if it was me.
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Are you wanting to keep track of progress or count as calories?
    I log the time of my plank a day in the strength training portion of the exercise journal so I can look back and see how I've progressed.

Both. I want to keep track of what I walk at work then I want to add to it afterwork.
  • Are you wanting to keep track of progress or count as calories?

Both. I want to keep track of what I walk at work then I want to add to it afterwork.

Then I would prolly track the steps per day for progress, then add cardio for the time you set aside for workout steps. After work is when you will get the really good burn right?