New to MFP....

Options
I'm Jess. Just had a baby end of July, breastfeeding exclusively. At 9 months pregnant is was 280, currently at 240. Pretty pumped about that.... I ate lots of bad stuff when i was pregnant bc i "could." Now Im regretting it. :) I can say that I am NOW less than I was when I was before I got pregnant. Woohoo.... Just looking for some friends to help me keep up my good work! (not trying to sound conceited) Ready to be happier with myself and have MORE energy for my baby!!

:tongue:

Replies

• FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby! We're all in this together...
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    congrats on the new baby.. we're all here for the same reasons, so lets get it done! I'll send ya a friend request...
  • LisaMDJ
    LisaMDJ Posts: 18
    Options
    Congratulations on your beautiful baby! It's so great that you're doing this now. My son is three years old and I'm just now really getting it together to lose the weight. Before I got pregnant, I had lost 110 pounds and weighed 165 and was very healthy. I gained 80 pounds with the pregnancy, and I haven't lost it!! It's definitely time to do it now. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other! You've done so well already!
  • lsattan
    lsattan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you like I am right there with you, had my daughter July 11th, I am now a couple lbs lower than i was before i got pregnant and am now working on my baby weight from my 9yo daughter...lol, I am so glad to have this program to keep track of everything, I never realized how crappy I really was eating, now I am obsessed with calories and its driving my kids nuts!

Lsattan
  • chocolatefairey
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby! Feel free to add if you need any support/encouragement etc. I have not had a baby but I feel like I have been eating for not only 2 but for 3, I just like food!! Good luck :)
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    congrats on the babe! i have been there, done that. 4 pregnancies later (and the last baby born more than 10 years ago...)

advice: breast feed for a good long while if you can! and get out walking with the wee one as much as possible. good for you starting right away to take better care.
  • jlindsaybauman
    jlindsaybauman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the support ladies!!! It sure helps! I lost another 2 lbs this week!! Woohoo for me! Trying to get some self esteem back!!
  • mderosa528
    Options
    I reached my first goal yesterday..... I am now pre-pregnancy weight; after 15 years!!!!! I gained 75 lbs with my first child and unfortunitly, my next 2 pregnancies went in the same direction.
    I have lost a total of 110 lbs and I need to lose about 25 more. I was on weight watchers for almost 2 years and I think I just got burnt out on it. I went off the diet for the first time ever last fall.... the day before Thanksgiving and I didn't start again ontil Jan 2nd. I only gained 4 lbs in that time, so I guess I know how to eat now but when I went back on it, I just couldn't lose weight.... I don't know if it's because my body is used to it, because of my age or the fact that I was within 40 lbs of my goal weight. I've always heard that the last 40 lbs was the hardest to lose.
    I started going to the gym 2 weeks ago and I installed this app the next day. Ive lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks :)
    I have 0 friends here.... the firend I work out with does not count calories or own a scale. She also looks like a life sized Barbie....lol. I thought I hooked another friend but apparently she thinks having the gym membership deducted from her checking account monthly is enough of a work out.
    Anyone who needs a friend for support is welcome to add me :)