Bad days happen, so what? I'm ALIVE!

Options
Today is the 3rd anniversary of the day a car mowed me down and, like a literal painful reminder, the pain in my neck and back has flared up and is unbearable. Today is also the day I realise that having principles again litigation culture has affected nobody but me. No Zumba today, no running today, I will have a drink to the fact that I'm alive and then a Codeine cocktail and bed.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely day :)

Replies

• hd2208
    hd2208 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry your not having a better day, but what a fab attitude all the same. We should always celebrate the fact we are alive and live life to the full and enjoy it as much as we can. Enjoy ur drink, have a good sleep and hope tomorrow is a better day. X
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Today is the 3rd anniversary of the day a car mowed me down and, like a literal painful reminder, the pain in my neck and back has flared up and is unbearable. Today is also the day I realise that having principles again litigation culture has affected nobody but me. No Zumba today, no running today, I will have a drink to the fact that I'm alive and then a Codeine cocktail and bed.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely day :)
    I am so sorry. Been there. Nasty stuff! You don't want to hear this today but acupuncture and a back and neck massage by certified practitioners is life changing (for the better this time).

Feel better soon!
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I try to keep positive. It could have been so much worse and there are people who DO have it worse and manage to keep going.

A lot of people recommend acupuncture, I had it a few weeks after the accident and it was like being hit by a car all over again, so painful!! I wonder if I should try again but am so scared!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I try to keep positive. It could have been so much worse and there are people who DO have it worse and manage to keep going.

A lot of people recommend acupuncture, I had it a few weeks after the accident and it was like being hit by a car all over again, so painful!! I wonder if I should try again but am so scared!
    It can be painful but the relief after should have been totally worth it. You should have felt it the first time and your acupuncturist probably wanted you in at least twice per week to start - it gets less as you go on. If you didn't see improvement after the first session try somebody else. The procedure itself can be painful and expect small amounts of blood.

I did a few years of it alternating with massage about a year at a time so: a year of acupuncture alternating with a year of back and neck massage for about 6 years total - started out twice per week and now only a few times per year.
  • PrincessMissDee
    PrincessMissDee Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Aaah see I didn't get any relief from it, just worse pain. It would have been masochism to make me do it again. Although I definitely need to try something new now.