Jillian Michaels Six Week - Six Pack DVD

Options
Has anyone done this DVD? I plan on starting this today. My idea is to do this on my off running days. I tried to do the 30 DS, but it was too much lower body impact for an off day of running. Is the six week - six pack like the 30 DS? Does she suggest doing it every day? If so, did you? Again, I'm thinking of every other day.

Thanks for the comments.

Replies

• fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too. I do the 30 DS and I agree, it is high impact to combine with running. I just don't do the jumping jacks and jump rope. I do some other cardio instead.
  • wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i havent done the six week six pack dvd but i've heard its really high intensity. try going on amazon and looking on reviews, you can usually find a lot that way. but in regard to your question i've definitely heard people saying that 30DS is easier than the six pack one.
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I love 30DS, even for off days from running (perhaps I'm just a masochist :laugh: ) but I am interested to see what people say about 6week 6 pack too
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my 30DS to do 2-3 days a week combined with my workout routine... I hope I can handle it all =) good luck to you
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I did it and LOVED IT!! FEEL FREE to take a look at my results in my Profile pic...I have a side by side...of Week 1 to completing Week 6...GO FOR IT!
  • SexyCook
    Options
    SC-BeforeAfterFront.jpg

Hope the pics shows...
  • rachdlew
    rachdlew Posts: 108
    Options
    The 6 week 6 pack is no joke but its an awesome workout I loved it.
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Loved 6wk/6pk...got terrific results and yes I do have a six pack...tummy totally flat! Highly recommend!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Like sexycook I love this dvd as well. I only did about 3 weeks of it due to I moved to another state and haven't got it back in my schedule. It is similar where there are 2 levels roughly 30 minutes each which you do for about 3 weeks a piece. Level 1 is mostly floor work and Level 2 is not. You do the routine once roughly 15 minutes through and then repeat it. When I did it for a bit I did see some definition in my abs. I recommend.
    Forgot to add in she recommends 5 days a week.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have it and I'm on level 2. I find this a lot harder than 30DS and definitely longer. She suggests working out 5-6 days a week. The first level isn't awful. It's enough to get a good workout but there is a lot of strength-building ground work with a few cardio circuits thrown in. The second level is hell. I'm about halfway through and I still end every workout dripping and exhausted. And I've already been through 30DS and RI30. I thought I was in OK shape. Apparently I thought wrong. I moved from walking to roller-blading at the same time and that probably didn't help. I want to run but my knees do not. We compromise with skating.

I'm going to keep it up. I have a wedding to go to in exactly 32 days and I need a good butt-kicking workout.
  • CoachNYLA
    CoachNYLA Posts: 129
    Options
    Tip:

Just remember that in order to get your abdominal muscles to show their tone, the proper nutrition needs to be implemented.

I can't tell you how many infomercials I see that say - do this program and your abs will look like this, but notice the tag in small print below that says, "this is based on those who implemented cardio and adhered to the suggested food plan".

Know that in order to see the muscle tone in your abs, your goal is to shrink the fat cell on top of the muscle, otherwise you just end up with thick abs and no tone to show through.

Ab exercises don't get the six pack to show, a clean food plan and cardio training do.

That also goes for arms, legs and buttocks. It's not my opinion, just pure physiology.

Be sure to implement the food plan that usually comes with the program, that way you won't be disappointed.

Peace,
    Coach Nyla
    ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    www.facebook.com/coachnyla
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I've done a few JM DVDs and recognise a lot of comments I've seen on these boards about the impact they have on people's knees.

6wk6pack was great for me in L1, but I had to stop L2 because I was finding it too hard going on my knees. I think I might have been sacrificing form in order to keep up, but that's the only one of JM DVDs I've had to stop for this reason, so if you're a runner, you might want to consider this. (or don't sacrifice form to go at it hell for leather!).
  • LoganScottsMom
    LoganScottsMom Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think I can do this. We'll see what happens after tonights workout. LOL
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner too and I've been doing this video for 3 or 4 weeks now! I'm still with level one because I can't do it 5-6 times a week AND run (that just eats a LOT of my time). But so far I'm really liking it. It's a lot more lower body work than I was doing before, so I was sore for about four days after the first time I did it. I didn't measure before I started, but I really do feel like my tummy has gotten smaller.
  • SexyCook
    Options
    Okay, I think I can do this. We'll see what happens after tonights workout. LOL

Yes maam..You can and the results of it are amazing..I did it 5x/weekly for 6 weeks...
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Bump for later.......Ive done Jillians' Yoga, 30DS & Ripped in 30, just picked up 6 pack abs over the weekend & looking forward to trying it. I think I'm going to rotate all of her work out DVDs because I love them all (hate them all too!!)