vomitting after eating

Options
ok sorry in advance but after eating this evening i was quite sick the food i ate was too spicy for me. but my questions are how to calm your tummy after spicy food and also what does this mean for my calories today?

Replies

• love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    you keep them as they are...no point in trying to figure out how much you expelled. Drink a glass of milk, it helps. Maybe NOT logging the milk would balance out the calories. lol. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's one meal.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    i think bananas are said to help with spicy things, too, and it'll fill you up!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Something with ginger in it. Ginger ale perhaps. I wouldn't drink it fast, just sip on it a bit.

This is just something I've heard, I can't verify it.
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Yes, sip ginger ale - that always helps me! Feel Better!
  • wendix
    wendix Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ginger helps settle your stomach and milk helps to neutralize your stomach from the curry so either of those.
    your body takes in calories from the moment you put food in your mouth so i wouldn't change the logging of your food, just to be on the safe side. you will have lost some calories but its impossible to tell how much.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    after I am sick to my stomach, I feel awful. all wrung out. I can't do anything to settle my stomach, except sleep. a few hours later, sipping just water. the next day (or like 8 hours later) i can stomach plain foods like oatmeal or dry toast.
  • nettleboo
    nettleboo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    hello thanks for replies i have ginger herbal tea will that be any good? ive also taken an aloe vera tablet which soothe your digestive track ive logged my calories i still have over 400 left from exercise cals so if i wanted something i could have it, but i feel rotten so ill doubt ill use them
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I would try sipping the ginger tea but at room temperature.