SAD :...(

Options
:sad: days like yesterday really make me want to give up.... when im sad i eat!!! ummm i feel like im doing good, then i go stiff my face!!!1 OMG!!! Im going through a break up right now.... and all i can think about is food!!!!

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Relax.
    Its good you typed here instead of eating.
    Eat if you are genuinely hungry.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    deep breaths... I'm sorry about your break~up I'm a stress eater too.. the key to that is eating healthy. Buy healthy snacks and when you're in that feeling snack away... Big hugs...
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Go for a run with some sad music instead. Watch a sad movie and eat some low cal popcorn.
  • evyeve21
    evyeve21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yea I go thru that way too often. How do we deal with stress/comfort foods when its way too easy to fall into its temptation? I'm still looking for the answer and trying my best not to do it!
  • ndaney
    ndaney Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am a BIG time stress eater. I have now started throwing on my runners and heading out for a walk instead of opening the fridge. Just get out there and get some fresh air and let that sooth your mind instead of snacking!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Focus on doing other things so that you don't eat. When you feel yourself wanting to eat, go out and do something to burn energy and get exercise. THEN, when you come back, you will have earned some eating.
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    Ugh, I'm sorry. Breakups are the worst and I tend to be an emotional eater as well. I'm glad you came on here as an alternative. Perhaps you should channel that sadness into motivation. Or, what I did, was take all the occassional 'treats' I could trust myself with out of my house. I pretty much was stocked only with healthy food so if I felt an emotional binge coming on I wouldn't really have anything to do it with! Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    sorry about the breakup. I'm an emotional eater too so understand your frustrations. You are doing the right thing, reaching out here for support instead of food. I know it's hard, but I hope you will find strength knowing you are not alone and you can do this. If you do chose to eat, pick the healthier choice. or direct the energy to relaxing walk.
  • mkgaudinier
    Options
    I have the same problem. I just try to keep healthy snack foods around. The lower-cal and higher fiber the better. Sugar free jello, frozen bananas, or a plate full of chopped fruits of veggies. Don't be too hard on yourself. If it's getting to be too much and you need a little time-out, take one. Just don't over-do it with junk food. It'll only make you feel worse as soon as you stop snacking.
  • newmercies7
    Options
    I am so sorry for your break up. i know how hard it is because I am recently divorced. I see on your ticker that you have lost 5 pounds. That is so good! You are on the right track. We all have bad days and good days. just don't give up. Today is another day. I went over my calorie intake yesterday, but today is a new day. :-)
    I've recently gained the weight back that I lost. After my break-up , I actually lost a lot of weight, but then I gained it back and even more, because of depression and hopelessness. But, here I am, and I have made it 5 days now. I know I'm losing and feeling good about it. Losing weight, for me, helps me get through my depression and loneliness. This site is awesome and a great tool and support.
    One day at a time and you will get there. I will too.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your break up! :( When I'm stressed I actually get in a really hard workout...it really helps! Or perhaps going outside and enjoy the day...maybe visit a friend or do something nice for yourself... Go shopping, watch a movie, etc... Also be sure to have healthy snacks so even if you eat you it will be good healthy food.. I hope your week gets better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • reidhome
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the sadness - but so glad that you reached out for support! THAT is great! And, with the breakup, this is the start of a new chapter in your life! You can focus on YOURSELF and creating the YOU and life you want. I agree with everyone else - go get out and get some fresh air (even if you're too down for an intense workout) - go walk fast, listen to some music and then, if you're still wanting to eat, have some popcorn or edamame or something like that... Go for a frozen yogurt (WALK THERE!).... If you are very emotional and are CRAVING something, give in a little bit so you don't go CRAZY later... Hugs!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Change up your routine, instead of sitting around watching cartoons on Sat AM (that is what I do LOL), get up and work out, go for a run/walk, do some yoga, get some sunshine!

I would also stock my fridge up on low-cal options (carrots, jello, diet soda) - so I can have a treat but not blow my entire week.

When I'm stressed out I try to take it out on my elliptical....that really helps to wear myself out and I feel less stressed afterwards. :)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I too am a stress eater. My suggestion is that you continue to log everything. It will help you be less "mindless" about food intake. I am sorry that you are hurting. Good luck keep talking to your friends here. They can help you.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    When you are about to eat ask yourself the following questions from the acrostic, H.A.L.T. Am I hungry, angry, lonely or tired? If you don't answer hungry don't eat right in that moment. It will really help you identify your emotional eating triggers. Obviously you know what this one is and it stinks, but try to use this as a learning experience to make lifelong change for your health!
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Now now... We're here for you. Bypass the food and stay here with us. We're all in this together. Emotional eating is the worst. TRUST ME!
  • cooktima87
    Options
    awwwwww you guys are all too sweet!!!!! i really thank you for being here for me adn you dont even know me.... i feel so lost and confused right now and just to feel thath you people care about me makes it easier....Thank you for your motivation..
  • cooktima87
    Options
    Thnk you :tongue:
  • cooktima87
    Options
    Thnk you :tongue: