Water Intake

Options
2»

Replies

• Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I know there are differing opinions on exactly how much water you should drink. All I can say is that when I do get in 8-10 glasses a day, I lose weight consistently. If I don't drink much water (even though I'm eating well), I just don't lose the weight. So for me, I go for 8-10 glasses of water a day, plus I drink a lot of green tea.

To help get some water servings in, here's what I do in the afternoon-evenings when I'm home:

Fill a PRETTY cup or glass with ice. I usually use a tall, 16 oz glass, but sometimes I drink this beverage out of a water goblet or wine glass - makes me feel so special, lol!

Sprinkle 1 packet Stevia-In-The-Raw over the ice.

Squirt juice of half a lime over the ice.

CAREFULLY pour plain Selzer water over the ice. (The Stevia makes it fizzle and foam a bit so be careful!)

It tastes nearly like a soda, like Sprite, but it's just water and so yummy! Sometimes I do a quarter EACH of a lemon AND a lime. Really refreshing when the weather is too, I can gulp down 2 tall glasses easily, and the glasses are 16 oz so count for 2 glasses of water each.

I get the Selzer water at Walmart - for a one liter bottle, their cheapest brand costs 64 cents where I live.

Good luck, and try to get that water in! Here's your 8 glasses for today...

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Ice
  • amaion17
    amaion17 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    try flavoring it.. i dont mind water plain, i carry around my reusable water bottle that holds 2 1/2 cups and i drink at least three bottles a day, i keep it close to me so i will drink it, and instead of snacking i just sip my water, i usually dont drink anything else on a regular basis. also dont forget that a lot of fruit and veggies counts as water intake so even if you dont drink it out of a glass you still get water from some foods you eat. maybe eat more lettuce and fruit/veggies to make up for the drinking glass.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Awesome advice from all of you. I drink a lot of tea (as I work in a specialty tea shop) and even on days I say I am going to just drink water at work, it never really work out that way. Im going to see how it goes today while Im at work. Thanks for all of the tips.

If you are drinking the tea without sugar or cream then you are probably doing yourself a favor by drinking it instead of plain water. Not only are you getting all the hydration of water, but you are also getting the healthy antioxidents from the tea.