Thigh rubbing... "chub-rub"

I just wanted to share this publicly... And not have it hit up on my FB...

I am hoping to get in best leg shape by next summer. I wore a skirt this summer for a day trip to the zoo... MAN WAS THAT EVER THE WORST IDEA!!!! ugh. It was nice, because it was HOT out. But, HELL, it was freaking HOT. OUT. SIDE!! My legs were sweating, and rubbing. Next thing I know, I have to waddle...
I had friction burn on the insides of my thighs...

And bruises for the following week.

Ugh!

---
Any suggestions, motivation, support, comments, anything you have about this! I would love to hear! Even stories of your own "chub-rub"!

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Baby powder always worked wonders for me when mine used to rub. They still do at times but there is very little friction as my legs are much thinner and a little more toned.

Serioiusly, baby powder.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    I've done every leg exercise out there and still my inner thighs rub together:sad::frown: :embarassed: :ohwell:
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,345 Member
    When ur fav pair of jeans wear out and get holes due to "Chub-Rub".... :grumble:
  • kgsprenger
    kgsprenger Posts: 12 Member
    Yup, I've had this happen. My trick: deodarant on both thighs. Then, they just slide...
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    The exact same reason I won't wear a dress or skirt....I tried it this summer and like you said, big mistake. I had a friend who wore the long dresses and skirts but she wore leggings underneath lol.....What are some exercises that you are doing to help?
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Lunges!! Do lots of them, good ones too!
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Really? My thighs ALWAYS rub together but I have never had burns or anything of that terrifying nature.

I'm sowwie. =(

5499814.png
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    I use a cream called Body Glide. It smells like medicine but goes on to "rubbing areas" and really works. It is also good for where shirts/shorts can rub on your skin.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    For the damage already done.. nappy rash ointment can help it heal up, if it's very sore.

This is why I don't wear skirts anymore! At least not without leggings underneath.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    KimertRuns13_1 Posts: 702 Member
    BodyGlide.. it's fabulous! You can buy it at sporting goods stores.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    my lower thighs are incredibly thin and toned especially compared to the rest of me due to walking (fast) and tons of squats, lunges, etc etc.

However my upper thighs still have tons of fat on them - I imagine underneath they are toned but until i lose that fat they are gonna rub.

If you don't already do squats and lunges (And for inner thighs, sumo squats) you will certainly see improvement just from doing that but if you carry a lot of fat there you probably won't be in the no-rub zone until you lose more fat.

I feel your pain though, I basically had to give up wearing skirts because it would be SO painful by the end of the day. Stuff like baby powder or glide should help for shorter term walking.
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    There's this stuff you can get at most work out/running stores. It's an anti-chafe stick, looks like deodarent, but I think it's like silicone. You need to wash it off after you're done with whatever you were using it for, but supposedly it works wonderfully.
  • Crystaljk78
    Crystaljk78 Posts: 17 Member
    Baby powder for sure! Especially the kind with cornstarch :)
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Honestly, I never had the problem; however, I have found squats are helping to shape up my thighs. I always saw them as joggle factories, and could never stand to look at them, but they are getting better.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    I use a cream called Body Glide. It smells like medicine but goes on to "rubbing areas" and really works. It is also good for where shirts/shorts can rub on your skin.

Body Glide is great! I run long distances and sometimes have bleeding thighs at the end...but not if I remember to use Body Glide!
  • Been there had that. I am an aspiring tri-athlete and they have body glide for just that scenario. Performance Bike stores and ****s Sporting Goods will have the stuff to keep you gliding and un-injured.

ps... ky and other gentle lubricants work as well but I would feel weird pulling those out in public...
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Ive started on my squats and lunges....I can see a slight difference in my butt area so far..... I guess its always the last place you want the fat gone from but as long as somethin' is comming off I can deal with it lol.
  • mmmichelle8486
    mmmichelle8486 Posts: 269 Member
    I know that even thinner people tend to have this problem... I would love for their to be some kind of solution that doesn't include another piece of clothing up the skirt lol.

I wore a long dress for a day walking around NYC in May. BAD IDEA. I had horrible scabbing between my legs for a week. Ugh.
  • Kscardino26
    Kscardino26 Posts: 21 Member
    Put deodarant where it rubs, I saw it on a movie and tried it, It actually works!!! :bigsmile:
  • Yup, I've had this happen. My trick: deodarant on both thighs. Then, they just slide...

Got a special stick for just this purpose! it also helps with chaffing under the boobies and the baby pouch!