Thigh rubbing... "chub-rub"

Options

Replies

• amahnke
    amahnke Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem— you can get a roll-on anti-chafe stick that looks like a mini-deodorant stick. It's called BodyGlide, and it's for runners, and sold online and in running stores (possibly elsewhere, too). It totally clears up the problem!
  • Emers1225
    Emers1225 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I ended up having to get nylon shorts (like bike shorts) to prevent it. You can get really cute ones with lace at the bottom so it looks more like a fashion statement. Also it's helpful with those flowing skirts/dresses having marilyn monroe moments in the wind :)
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    OH LORD! I had the worst experience at the beach once with my skinny friends. They wanted to take a walk along the beach next thing I know my thighs were rubbing together and burning my skin raw! Ugh, I didn't say anything to my friends because I was too embarrassed so I just walked along pretending I didn't feel anything. Plus the salt water just made it feel worse! :explode:
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, and for the "after"....try desitin! sounds crazy but works!
  • Happyhappy352
    Options
    I had the same problem when I went to bush gardens over the summer :sad: I hate it when your shorts ride up into your :embarassed: .
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Medicated baby powder (with zinc oxide) helps if you don't have Glide.
  • a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When ur fav pair of jeans wear out and get holes due to "Chub-Rub".... :grumble:

This has happened to me MORE THAN ONCE!! :( I miss those jeans... *sigh*
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I agree with the body glide comment but also I used to wear shorts underneath. You know the spandex ones like cycling shorts (minus the padding) or running shorts as long as they are long enough : )
  • Magic_Girl
    Options
    When ur fav pair of jeans wear out and get holes due to "Chub-Rub".... :grumble:

That's happened to me too! I hate that! Damn my big thighs!
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I have found that unscented stick antiperspirant woulds great. NOT the clear kind the regular kind.

My thighs have always rubbed a bit - no matter how thin I get -it's the way I'm built. I've only started running recently so WHEN I get down to my goal weight it will be interesting to see if that changes...
  • a1rose
    Options
    The exact same reason I won't wear a dress or skirt....I tried it this summer and like you said, big mistake. I had a friend who wore the long dresses and skirts but she wore leggings underneath lol.....What are some exercises that you are doing to help?

Well... I think the machine I use at the gym, is called the Hip Adduction machine?? Where you push the weight OUT. ... or is it the one that's called the Hip Abduction... Where you push the weight IN.... One of those...

Well... I do BOTH of them...
  • a1rose
    Options
    Lunges!! Do lots of them, good ones too!

I REALLY need to start doing those!!
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    :blushing: OMG i so know you pain...I use monisstat it is a crema with powder in it.. but i am going to check into this body glide stuff also
  • tritt86
    tritt86 Posts: 32
    Options
    I used Desitin in the past. After reading this though, I'm going to try the Body Glide. Thanks all.
  • MarandaPanda86
    Options
    I remember years ago I went to an amusement park wearing a pair of shorts because it's Florida and it's HOT. On one of the rides I got a little wet, but thought nothing of it. If anything I was grateful for a break from the blistering sun. Well, then we started walking. A lot. And OMG my inner thighs were rubbing, plus my denim shorts were wet and that just created more chaos with the rubbing and the friction and the moisture and the heat and ljb094nf45vke5425ljnfg;kwejngr. I was waddling everywhere and not having fun anymore...

When I got home I saw I had some serious chaffing going on and it really did look like I was burned on both thighs with like a curling iron, or something. I couldn't but my bare legs together for two weeks. Since then, I have not worn pants shorter than bermudas to any place I knew would have a moderate to severe amount of walking.

Oh, and it was so severe I even still have faint scars. RIDICULOUS.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have very toned thin legs but at the top I have that aweful "inner leg chub" I recently have started holding a weight in my hands and squating sitting into the squat really low. I do 2-3 sets of 15. I also use a 10 lb weight and have noticed a HUGE difference!! I am so close t the no leg rubbing now! I also use powder on my inner thighs when its super hot out! It helps a ton! Hope you find something that works for you love!
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Funny. I just today posted my chub rub NSV. My thighs still touch, but they haven't chafed in months :-)

I used to wear bike shorts under skirts and dresses. They come in various lengths so you can find some for shorter skirts if need be. They helped prevent the chafing, AND I felt they flatted my tummy a bit too.
  • a1rose
    Options
    Yup, I've had this happen. My trick: deodarant on both thighs. Then, they just slide...

lol, sounds disgusting, but I will give it a-go next summer!!
  • a1rose
    Options
    Funny. I just today posted my chub rub NSV. My thighs still touch, but they haven't chafed in months :-)

I used to wear bike shorts under skirts and dresses. They come in various lengths so you can find some for shorter skirts if need be. They helped prevent the chafing, AND I felt they flatted my tummy a bit too.

Yes, that's actually where I got the idea to post this!! ahhaha. Thanks?!

I probably wont be wearing any dresses or skirts for the next couple of months... (winter) BUT, I will keep that in mind!
  • a1rose
    Options
    my lower thighs are incredibly thin and toned especially compared to the rest of me due to walking (fast) and tons of squats, lunges, etc etc.

However my upper thighs still have tons of fat on them - I imagine underneath they are toned but until i lose that fat they are gonna rub.

If you don't already do squats and lunges (And for inner thighs, sumo squats) you will certainly see improvement just from doing that but if you carry a lot of fat there you probably won't be in the no-rub zone until you lose more fat.

I feel your pain though, I basically had to give up wearing skirts because it would be SO painful by the end of the day. Stuff like baby powder or glide should help for shorter term walking.

I need to figure out how to incorporate those exercises into my routine!!