Fighting the urge

Options
I'm on the Dukan and there's some lovely sushi down stairs and I want to eat it but I know I can't :grumble:

Replies

• kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Be strong, you can do it.
  • bootstrap7
    Options
    Isn't sushi usually pretty healthy? (Rice, fish, veggies?) Or do you do the ones that have the heavy sauces and deep fried ingredients? LOL
  • chubbyandawkward
    Options
    Isn't sushi usually pretty healthy? (Rice, fish, veggies?) Or do you do the ones that have the heavy sauces and deep fried ingredients? LOL

it's a healthy one, but i'm not allowed carbs :grumble:
    I'm not actually too sure this is healthy and I'm going to gain it all back most likely :/
    I wasn't even allowed fruit or veg today, I just had to eat all protein.
    I swear, this can't be right :S
  • Becky99504
    Options
    Isn't the Dukan diet high protein and low carbs? I try not to think of myself as being on a diet, but that I've changed my lifestyle to something sustainable. I couldn't do a Dukan type diet because I have kidney disease. Most "diets" do not work long term since the only way to lose weight and keep it off is to change your lifestyle, I would go for the sushi as it's a healthy option.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    This is precisely why I could never take on the Dukan or Atkins or similar Low/no carb diets and why I would never recommend them to anyone else. Yes, for some people these are great approaches that work for them. For me, I can't follow any diet plan that tells me I can't eat a particular food, especially one that is relatively healthy as is the case with sushi.

I'm sorry I wish I had some words of wisdom for you but I really don't. All I can do is encourage you to stay strong and push through, soon enough you'll move on to the other phases of the diet and will again be able to allow yourself some carbs. Good luck to you!!