Newbie~ Must be Monday lol!~

Well I am not new to weight loss attempts but I am new to myfitnesspal.com

So far (um, half way through day 1) I am enjoying the ease of the food tracker (and the fact that it includes water!!)

I'm wondering though, why it indicates I should have more cards then protein?
Calories: 1,200 Carbs:165 Fat: 40 Protein: 45

Does this look right to you?

Any tips for this website would be greatly appreciated - what you like, how to get the most out of certain things etc.

thanks so much!
~Lisa~

Replies

• Welcome Lisa! Keep in mind that fruits and vegetables have carbs in them too. When you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, it adds up fast. I hope this was helpful. Also, you can adjust it to what you see fit for yourself, the number they gave you is just their recommendation. Good luck on your journey!
  • nettg40
    nettg40 Posts: 49 Member
    Welcome Lisa!!
  • I think that for the most part women don't need much protein and I've heard that unused protein turns to fat....idk if this is true but It makes sense to me
  • Welcome Lisa, I dunno what kinda size you are or how much you have to lose, but I have a loong way to go and to start with i haven't paid much attention to carbs and protein. I think the calories and fat are probably the best indicators initially until you get to the point where its not working, then go deeper in to it i guess.

Good luck anyway
    Hippi
  • I'm wondering though, why it indicates I should have more cards then protein?
    Calories: 1,200 Carbs:165 Fat: 40 Protein: 45

Does this look right to you?

It looks correct. It is about a 45/25/30 split which is an average range and a decent macro-nutrient split to start your weight loss. If you are trying to gain more muscle than you may want to think about adding more protein as it will help with recovery from lifting weights.

As for tips one thing I have found that helps in my short time being here is setting up your own saved meals so if you eat the same thing throughout a week it is easy to add to your schedule.
  • Mine also has high carbs, low protein. I tend to be under on carbs and over on protein once the day comes to a close. I asked around in the chat rooms regarding whether or not this is healthy and got a pretty positive response.

This website has been the best! Make friends and participate in the community for help; keeping it social turns everyone including yourself into an accountabili-buddy so your weight loss is successful and less of a "trend".

I hope this place works for you!! :) Add me if you'd like
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Thanks so much everyone!!