help

Options
Hello, I'm new to myfitness and am trying really hard at eating right and losing weight. I was told the calorie counter here would work. I am having a problem getting the information to come up correctly. Is there a place to enter your food and not have to choose from a drop down list? Usually half of what I need comes up. I can't track my calories correctly unless I am able to put in everthing I ate not just part of what I ate. Anyone please help.

Replies

• aanianeo
    Options
    Hey leigh2301!

There's an option for you to fill in the recipe and calculate the calories contained in it, though I've found it quite cumbersome to use. Most of the times, if I can't find the exact brand/ food, I choose the option that matches the most and make a mental note to myself that its an approximation.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Let the program do it for you, if you ate a ham and cheese sandwich (cravings anyone?) yikes! log the particular bread, the ham, the cheese, and condiments, if you'll have that same sandwich another time save it as a meal that you can then pick one item and get it all entered.

Not sure exactly what you're having trouble with but I do the above for french toast... bread... eggs, vanilla and or cinnamon if I use them... it's all tracked just using the nutritional info from the drop-down list of results. Check the "database" to see nutritional info for the items before adding them to your diary, just copy the name so you can find it in the food diary portion when you go to add it
  • leigh2301
    Options
    Thanks, I see what you mean, I got it. :smile: :smile:
  • leigh2301
    Options
    Thank you. I found the recipe option. :smile:
  • kaymc214
    Options
    I hope you have an ipod touch or iphone, you don't need internet connection & is wonderful on the go! i love it. Check it out if you have an ipod, iphone, smartphone, ect. it is free!!