counting calories in advance

Options
Hi All...just wanted to post a little something that makes me happy...first of all let me explain I am a complete coffee junkie:drinker: ! The first couple of days i was counting my calorie intake after supper and was always surprised to see i had none left for anything besides water in the evening :sad: yesterday I made my meal plan and did my calculations in advance and guess what i am sitting here typing and sipping my coffee as we speak yeh!!!!!

I think this is going to be key for me...maybe it will help someone else out there too!!!

Replies

• craftymom
    Options
    Hi All...just wanted to post a little something that makes me happy...first of all let me explain I am a complete coffee junkie:drinker: ! The first couple of days i was counting my calorie intake after supper and was always surprised to see i had none left for anything besides water in the evening :sad: yesterday I made my meal plan and did my calculations in advance and guess what i am sitting here typing and sipping my coffee as we speak yeh!!!!!

I think this is going to be key for me...maybe it will help someone else out there too!!!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I do the same thing.. I dont usually plan my whole day, but I plan my main meal of the day which I normally eat around 330, and then I know what I have left to spread out the rest of the day. It is nice knowing ahead of time so you can spread it out better!
  • jvandertuin
    Options
    I'm a planning junkie! I plan my meals one week in advance (makes grocery shopping easier too!). I eat the same breakfast and then plug in what I'm going to eat for the day (usually dinner leftovers for lunch, then the new dinner:bigsmile: . When I see the number of lbs that will be lost in 5 weeks, it keeps me motivated to eat what I've inputted into MFP.

I even do the same for exercise. It is almost like I've promised myself that I will do it...and therefore I have to!:wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I plan my meals the night before and stick to my plan. If I don't have a plan I can spend too much time thinking about food during the day. It helps to have the whole day planned in advance so I can adjust calories if needed so I make sure to have my cereal and yogurt at night:bigsmile: and to make sure I don't have too few calories so I feel like I have to have a peanut butter orgy in order to have enough calories.:flowerforyou: