Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

today is one of those days

when you know you have to work out but you just can't seem to be able to get up off your bed. im all alone in my place and its cloudy, like that cuddle-weather. any motivational tips?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Get up and do it! Sitting there won't make the weight come off any faster plus it's a great way to warm up the house a bit too!
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Have you ever heard anybody say after finishing a work out, "gee, I'm sorry I did that"? NO! You know you will feel SO much better if you even do a short one. You can rest after your shower. Get up and go!!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    when you know you have to work out but you just can't seem to be able to get up off your bed. im all alone in my place and its cloudy, like that cuddle-weather. any motivational tips?

If you are REALLY committed to it...STOP THINKING about it, keep any Option OUT of your mind when it comes up.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    go outside and walk around the block at least once. It's better than nothing. . . but I suspect if you get that far, you'll be motivated to do more!
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    I put my work clothes in my gym bag and put my gym clothes out ready to wear, so that in the morning it's more of a chore to have to dig everything out and not go than it is to just put on my gym stuff and go :)
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Have you ever heard anybody say after finishing a work out, "gee, I'm sorry I did that"? NO! You know you will feel SO much better if you even do a short one. You can rest after your shower. Get up and go!!

Awesome attitude Sugarchef - well put. Even when I'm sore or stiff, I always feel better after I get done.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Its a Freaking Monday, but get your *kitten* up!!!!!!! lol I felt the same but I did mine, but I took it easy!!!!!
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member

You said you're all alone, but it's cuddle weather. So, go to the gym....get in your workout, and find someone to bring home and cuddle with. It's a win-win!
  • I know EXACTLY what you're talking about... I live in New England and the weather is like that very often. I do find it pretty hard to get going. If you workout in the morning and are having trouble getting out of bed, here are my tips:

- carry out your usual morning routine. For me, this means I get my cup of coffee.
    - open the blinds/curtains. Even if it's cloudy out, light helps wake you up. If there isn't enough natural light, turn the lights on.
    - talk yourself into it. so many times it's easier to procrastinate. But if you tell yourself, after I workout, I can ______. Usually my blank is something like "feel accomplished, take a shower, start my day off right, eat breakfast after, etc." If you tell yourself you can have something kind of rewarding after you workout (not food though!) then it makes it easier to get through it.

Today, I had the hardest time getting to do my 30 day shred DVD. Today is only day 6 for me, but I was just procrastinating to do it. I told myself "After I work out, I can open my new webcam that I just bought today." It worked!

Hopefully you can establish a routine so regardless of the weather, you can get your butt in gear! Good luck!
  • scarletlion
    scarletlion Posts: 11 Member
    you're all right! i'll take it like a roller coaster ride. when you're in the line and you think too much about it, you get scared and end up not getting in. if i think about this too much, ill get lazy, not do anything and i'll regret it tomorrow. so i'll just do it, it will be over before i know :) thanks guys!
  • scarletlion
    who says i cant cuddle with my bed? im pretty sure it loves me as much as i love it hahaha kidding
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Its a Freaking Monday, but get your *kitten* up!!!!!!! lol I felt the same but I did mine, but I took it easy!!!!!
    There's ur sign.. hehe...
  • nikit18
    nikit18 Posts: 1 Member
    When I don't want to leave the house I motivate my self by turning on some loud music. After a bit I get in a dancing mode and dance around the house while cleaning or something just to get some kind of activity in. Its better than nothing at all.
  • scarletlion
    When I don't want to leave the house I motivate my self by turning on some loud music. After a bit I get in a dancing mode and dance around the house while cleaning or something just to get some kind of activity in. Its better than nothing at all.

if theres one song that motivates me is "Dont stop me now" by Queen! ill listen to it and then im off!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    The first few minutes is usually the hardest. So I make myself commit to the first 5 minutes. I tell myself that if I'm still feeling too tired after 5 minutes I can quit and go back to bed. I've never gone back to bed yet. So it's working for me.
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    I haven't gotten into much of a steady exercise regime, but I am in Montana and it is getting cold here as well.
    Something I do to just get my body somewhat active is dishes in the morning. It helps me wake up.