Wall, I cannot get over you.

Options
Since March, Ive lost 40lbs and I have not lost a pound since mid July. I run 3x a week for 5 miles each time. I do weight stuff a couple times a week.

Anyone suggest a change in what Im doing? I got another 20lbs to lose and Im Ive been fluctuating between 215-218 for almost 3 months now. I was thinking about starting a morning routine.

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Are all your runs at the same pace? Some speed may help the cause.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    have you tried circuit training?? or varying the speed and intensity of your workouts?
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Lower your daily calories by 200-300 and that might help. Or zig zag your calories
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Yes, try HIIT training (high intensity interval training) 2 x a week. Walk for 2 minutes, run as fast as you can for 1 minute...(usually a 2:1 ratio however you decide to do it) for about 20 minutes total.
  • brynakrauth
    Options
    Mix it up a bit. Add some workout time (if you're doing 60 minutes now, go up to 90 minutes) and increase your intensity. Don't just coast through your workouts. Push yourself as hard as you can. Switch up your meals. Try some different cardio workouts. If you can fit it in, workout in the early morning and then do something active late in the day as well. Make sure you're getting enough sleep too.
  • briehill
    Options
    Try changing what you're doing. If you normally run, try swimming or cycling. If you really enjoy running try running at different speeds, times, add some stairs, etc. but I'd at least alternate one of those times with something else. I've always heard that if your body gets used to doing something that you may find you have a hard time losing weight.
  • cactus39
    Options
    I currently run 5 miles at 45 minutes. Its challenging but I do feel like its getting monotonous. Are there any routines out there that are written out for you to follow?
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Lower your daily calories by 200-300 and that might help. Or zig zag your calories

Unless they're not eating enough already... in which case, this won't help.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you haven't, change how you eat. It's key in taking off weight and keeping it off for good. Drink water,eat vegetables, protein, less bread/bad carbs, minimal sugar (40g or less/day, as a rule of thumb).
  • Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day/ Are you eating enough protein?
  • arc918
    Options
    I currently run 5 miles at 45 minutes. Its challenging but I do feel like its getting monotonous. Are there any routines out there that are written out for you to follow?

So 9:00 mile is a decent clip, are you outside or on the dreadmill?

Try some fartleks for starters. Check out this post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/356724-fartleks-speedwork-101-for-new-runners?hl=fartlek#posts-4872208
  • cactus39
    Options
    I only run outside. I hate treadmills. I'll try the intervol running. Thanks!!
  • arc918
    Options
    I only run outside. I hate treadmills. I'll try the intervol running. Thanks!!

You and me both!

Start with some fartleks (free form pace changes). You can do some formal intervals as well.