25 Calorie "Buffalo Wing Style" Shirataki Noodles

Options

Replies

• staceyb00
    staceyb00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump (is there another way to save a topic other than commenting on it?)
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bettycass
    bettycass Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I find mine at Winn Dixie. Don't kno if you haveWinn Dixie's where you live.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    If shirataki noodles are zero calorie, I can't help wondering what's in them.

Are they made from rubber bands or spun plastic or something equally indigestible?

Not sure they sound like something I'd actually want to be eating, but am curious to learn more.
  • mafery
    mafery Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    @ TTP the ingredidients are water, tofu, yam flour and calcium hydroxide. They are truly delicious and filling. I'm sold on them :flowerforyou:
  • limex
    limex Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    They're made from the konjac plant, and I believe they're basically all fiber, which is why they have no calories.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered the shirataki noodles myself. This sounds wonderful. Had no idea you could dry fry them!!

For those who don't know where to go -- I get mine at a local health food type grocery store. They come in a baggie, in liquid, and are in the refrigerated stuff by the hot dogs, etc. Very inexpensive - less than $1.50 and 1 bag can make 2 meals. I just had some for lunch today.

Rinsed well, microwaved for a minute, and then added to your remaining ingredients and they are quite good and a wonderful pasta alternate. When I first had them, they did have a bit of a spongy type texture, but they honestly taste like regular pasta when mixed up with the other stuff.

Last night, I took 2 lite laughing cow wedges - garlic herb, plus a T of parmeasean and a T of greek yogurt. Put that in the microwave for about 25 seconds and then mixed it well with a fork. Tossed my rinsed and microwaved noodles in a small skillet with some cooked small salad shimp and my cheese mixture and a touch of salt and pepper and it was delicious!
    Very rich tasting and less than 100 calories as a meal!

I'm definately going to have to try these buffalo wings
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! I instantly go on amazon and bought a 6-pack, 7oz angle hair shirataki noodles. I've heard this before but never no how to cook them.

Could someone here knows more recipes share them here? Thanks!
  • doe1260
    doe1260 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • madi35
    madi35 Posts: 24
    Options
    bump
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing,would diffinately like some more recipe ideas.I will have to try them
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Lots of yummy sound recipes for shirataki noodles here: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/great-recipes.asp?food=shirataki+noodles
  • emilyc92
    emilyc92 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    bump :) this sounds so good!
  • kaybelmore
    kaybelmore Posts: 124
    Options
    Aren't most Shirataki noodles 20 cals/serving. 40cals/bag? This reciepie is still pretty low cal but the research I've done on some of the packaging that are in Chinese/English are incorrect about the cals.

shiratakinutritionfacts.jpg
  • tootsiewootsie
    tootsiewootsie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump noodles recipe
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Aren't most Shirataki noodles 20 cals/serving. 40cals/bag? This reciepie is still pretty low cal but the research I've done on some of the packaging that are in Chinese/English are incorrect about the cals.

shiratakinutritionfacts.jpg

The shirataki noodles that are blended with tofu generally have the calories you describe. The plain shirataki noodles have zero or nearly zero calories-- depending on the brand.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    This sounds so yummy! I love buffalo-style anything. I haven't tried shirataki noodles yet, but it's on my list to try soon!