ChaLean Extreme....not sure I like it :(

Options
I've just finished my first week of CLE....I really like working with weights, but I'm not sure I'm really liking this. Anyone else have this issue? Did you work through it? Did you eventually enjoy it?

I just finished Supreme 90 Day. I really liked it and liked the format. There were a few DVDs I didn't enjoy and I was ready for something new to break up the routine. I thought CLE would be great as it's still weighs and cardio like S90....but I don't find myself really "enjoying" it. To me the warmups and cooldowns are just awkward. I feel like I'm strugging to keep my balance more than warming up/cooling down.

I can't decide if I just need time to get used to the new format or if it's just not for me. I was wondering if anyone else didn't like some things about CLE.

Replies

• mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I can't help you, sorry. I am 3 days into week two and I feel the same way! I did 2 rounds of Insanity and a couple of Jillian Michaels programs, and this is very different. I have decided to complete the program, and see what happens. I don't care if I like it, I just care that it works! lol

I agree with the warm up. It is awkward. Some of the exercises are awkward too. I am pushing through......
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bump - I'm thinking of getting it and I want to know what other people think!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Well, it did honestly take me a couple weeks to really enjoy the program. Now, I love it! I would give it more than a week. If you're new to lifting weights, it is hard to keep your balance and form correct the first time.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Well, it did honestly take me a couple weeks to really enjoy the program. Now, I love it! I would give it more than a week. If you're new to lifting weights, it is hard to keep your balance and form correct the first time.

I'm not so much new to lifting weights as I just did Supreme 90 Day, which has weights. Maybe it's not the weight days of CLE so much as the cardio. Burn Intervals was "ok"....but I was not a fan of Burn It Off which was today. I may just have to incorporate other cardio into it.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

I'm not so much new to lifting weights as I just did Supreme 90 Day, which has weights. Maybe it's not the weight days of CLE so much as the cardio. Burn Intervals was "ok"....but I was not a fan of Burn It Off which was today. I may just have to incorporate other cardio into it.

Ah, yes. I don't do Burn It Off. I don't like that one at all. It did take me a couple of times to really like Burn Intervals though, but that's probably because I think it's super hard. I have TurboFire too though, so I'm doing HIITs mostly with the CLX weight lifting dvds. If you have other short cardio dvds you can always replace the CLX ones with those.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    it took me some time to get used to the slower pace. once i learned to slow down my reps, and work on form, the workout was finished and my body feels it. im in my second month of a hybrid of chalean extreme and turbo fire. i can see a difference in my arms , core and thighs.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that you give it another week. After that, you could consider breaking up the program. I like to create hybrids. So after doing several rounds of both P90X and Insanity I mixed them up each week. So I would do three days of P90X and three days of Insanity, then a rest day. So, since you have Supreme 90 and Chalean Xtreme you can create a hybrid of both. Creating weight days and your favorite cardio days. I use Windows Calendar Maker found on Google to create my hybrids.