Flexitarians out there???

Options
Hey, I am introducing myself to a new way of eating.......I have already gave up pork and I had to give up fish because I am allergic.....I mainly stick with chicken & turkey....I am wondering if there are anyothers out there and would love to have some Flexitarian friends to help me. Im starting this way to ease into Full Time Vegetarian. I also am doing it because of health issues that run in my family and I dont want it to hit me.......Feel free to add comments and add me as a friend as the support would be great!

Replies

• editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love meat and I agree with you on cutting pork, but that's it :-) I love every other meat and i eat lots of vegetables too, but our body needs meat and for a good workout and keeping your body strong and healthy, meat is you best friend :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I love meat and I agree with you on cutting pork, but that's it :-) I love every other meat and i eat lots of vegetables too, but our body needs meat and for a good workout and keeping your body strong and healthy, meat is you best friend :-)

3574379.png
    I cant stand the taste of most of it....lol...
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I hope you are not talking about raw meat,,,Lol... :-)
    3574379.png
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I hope you are not talking about raw meat,,,Lol... :-)
    3574379.png

hahaha......
  • 1stStep100
    Options
    I think I would like to become a Flexitarian. I will use protein shakes for workout. Still will eat Chicken, Fish and Turkey. I should attempt to give up processed foods too. I already given up Soda (well 95% of the time).
  • KikiOmaha
    KikiOmaha Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think Flexitarian is a great way to go. I consider, and describe myself as, a vegetarian, because most people are familiar with that term, however, now I'm technically a pescatarian because I occasionally eat fish.

I began as you described by giving up the meats I already didn't care for. I was dieting and ate mostly poultry and sometimes fish. I was able to lose 75 pounds. Unfortunately, I gained most of that back due to some health issues. I am back to diet and exercise again, this time without the meat.

It is easy to get into the grilled chicken breast rut. Choosing to become a vegetarian (step by step) is making me a lot more conscious about what I eat.

I am happy to be a support in any way I can.