Before Pictures...What's your thoughts?

Options
I'm thinking about posting Before pictures this weekend and progress pictures once a month just for accountability purposes. I feel like if I'm putting myself in a position where I have to prove I've been doing well with diet and exercise this will help me through those moments of temptation...What's your thoughts?

Replies

• Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I would think that it would give you landmarks on your progress, and with the pics being public would help make you stay accountable. Hell, I think you're awesome for doing it!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Whatever helps you. I am taking monthly photos but I don't think I will be publishing them. But it still helps to remind me what I need to do. :smile:
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I already keep a blog showing my progress and it helps :-D
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I love seeing people's pics and how they've progressed. And sometimes seeing a pic of myself, instead of just looking in the mirror, gives a different perspective on my loss. I say go for it if you think it will help you...........
  • BrandyRelaxing
    BrandyRelaxing Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would encourage you to take pictures and once a month is a good interval! I just find comparing pictures allows me to see the progress I've made, and keeps me working at it! When you shrink slowly, it's often hard to recognize the changes but if you have a before picture, it makes you realize how far you've come!

Keep up the good work!

Brandy
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    It's nice to have a record of your progress. Don't worry about "proving anything" but document all along to see how little things can add up in the end.
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just opened up a private folder on fb for me to post my pictures. I'm thinking about doing it once a month also. I'm not ready to post publicly yet. But I did take a step and changed my profile pic here on mfp. I'm nervous about posting my pic up because I always hated body shots, but I'm kind of excited and it's definitely pushing me to want to work harder because I can't wait to see the difference next month...

If it will help you towards your goals, I say "DO IT!" :)
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm considering doing somewhat the same thing. I just now took pictures of myself in my new dress meant to wear at the end of this month. I'm going back and forth on whether or not I should post them..knowing I'd feel obligated to post pictures of my hopeful progress later on so that people see a better looking me.
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks All! I got the answers I needed. I'm going to take some before pictures this evening and go from here...(so scary but I have got to walk the plank to swim in my ocean of happiness!). Here's to next month's photo...
  • NemesisJRM
    NemesisJRM Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just opened up a private folder on fb for me to post my pictures. I'm thinking about doing it once a month also. I'm not ready to post publicly yet. But I did take a step and changed my profile pic here on mfp. I'm nervous about posting my pic up because I always hated body shots, but I'm kind of excited and it's definitely pushing me to want to work harder because I can't wait to see the difference next month...

If it will help you towards your goals, I say "DO IT!" :)

Just watch using FB to store your private pictures, if you click to publish or should I say don't Click not to publish, FB automatically adds it to your wall for all to see, as i found out the other day, thing is it was as I logged off so took 4 hours of them being out there before I noticed on my phone a quickly deleted the album, no comments received so don't know if anyone noticed. .......... so not good