What's your take on vitamins?

Options
I was just watching the news and a story came on about how too much vitamins can actually be harmful! I take a multi, fish oil, D, and B12. What do you all think about the use of vitamins?

Replies

• 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I take a multi every day just to make sure i am getting enough vitamins. As long as you take the recommended dose you should be fine. Check with a doctor if you want to make sure though.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't take multi but just vitamin C and calcium + vitamin D. And fiber jellys. yummy.
  • JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I figure that your body will only use what it needs and eliminate the rest through the waste process. So I never worry about taking too many, though I am sure my waste water is quite fortified.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I lived with undiagnosed food allergies for a very, very long time. I have gut damage from that and may not absorb all of the nutrients from the good variety of whole foods that I eat. So, I take a multivitamin everyday (Raw One for Women) and an Omega 3 (from fish oil) supplement as well. I have found out that many people have some level of gut damage, in addition to eating food that is literally 'anti-nutrient' as well. So, it's a good idea to get a low dose general supplement. As always, consult your doctor if you have concerns.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    they have seriously changed my life! i feel 10 years younger and havent had to go to doctor because i was sick in 2 1/2 years. my son has been able to go off allergy meds also with natural stuff.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I figure that your body will only use what it needs and eliminate the rest through the waste process. So I never worry about taking too many, though I am sure my waste water is quite fortified.
    I could be wrong but I have read somewhere that only Vitamin C can be taken out of your body by urinating.
  • oswaldbowser
    oswaldbowser Posts: 164 Member
    Options