New here...hello everyone

Options
:embarassed: Hello everyone, not sure what to say, for starters my name is Tashana and today is my first day on my weightloss journey, I am at the heaviest I've been in my life and hope to lose 60lbs by next October, my ultimate weight loss goal is 70lbs to meet my BMI. I am looking forward to any advice that anyone might have so please send me a message with your successes. I am really determined to meet my goal and hope that I can share my success with others as well...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• RONI11
    RONI11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Tashana I know you can do this, it wont be easy but just stay strong ! If you need encouragement or support I'm here feel free to add me :)
  • TashanaM
    Options
    Thank you, really appreciate it....
  • brynakrauth
    Options
    Good luck Tashana:
    The first and hardest step is the first step. You're on the path now. Stick with it and you'll reach your goals.
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome!!!! Its a good site with lots of motivation:) Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • kristitampl
    kristitampl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi Tashanna! I am new to MFP as well. Since joining, I have begun to read the community message boards and I have found them to be quite helpful. Members have added valuable information and testimony that will help you along. I wish you much success as you move forward to meeting your weight loss goal.
  • JMO44710
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on the journey - You are not alone!!!
  • TashanaM
    Options
    Thanks everyone, really appreciate the encouragement from you all....Feel like I am off to a great start....
  • ghostygirl34
    Options
    don't let anyone tear you down, you are who you choose to be, push all the negativity away and just do your own thing~RMF 2011
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I find the myfitnesspal app for my phone really helps. The bar code scanner feature automatically downloads all the nutirients and calories. It helps me stay on track throughout the day as I log everything I eat real time. I can glance at it anytime and see how I am doing. I highly recommend it if you have a smart phone.
  • eddiegirll
    Options
    Glad to see a new face joining us on this great journey!!! It's been the best decision for me to join mfp to lower my cholesterol...just working on this helps me so much. I know my cholesterol is coming down while I am eating more of those foods, like oatmeal & barley. I am learning there are more ways to fix oatmeal, so I won't get bored with it!! I was making it like Mc Donalds & that is really good. Now I have learned to add applesauce, mandarin oranges. I'm also trying raisins like usual & dried cranberries, now talk about enjoying breakfast.

5' 4"
    234---Started Sept. 5, 2011
    Sept. 12, 2011
    Sept. 19, 2011
    Sept. 26, 2011
    Oct. 3, 2011
    Oct. 10, 2011
    125---Goal weight
  • awoutlaw
    Options
    Welcome!! :happy:

Tons of motivation is available on MFP! Feel free to add me!
  • TashanaM
    Options
    :happy: you all are so nice....again thanks:flowerforyou:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    welcome, good luck on your journey....
  • Kristimcb
    Options
    :embarassed: Hello everyone, not sure what to say, for starters my name is Tashana and today is my first day on my weightloss journey, I am at the heaviest I've been in my life and hope to lose 60lbs by next October, my ultimate weight loss goal is 70lbs to meet my BMI. I am looking forward to any advice that anyone might have so please send me a message with your successes. I am really determined to meet my goal and hope that I can share my success with others as well...:flowerforyou:

Good Luck!!! I am with you too. I have to get to my BMI for my little ones...my goal is 50 lbs. Just remember to take it one step at a time, one day at a time....
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck!!

Katie
  • TashanaM
    Options
    :smile: