i have a bone to pick with some of you

Options
not all of you just some. I know i am highly short of a shinning example. (period) I would like to see more motivation amongst each other. I try to look at how many post i have for that day from my exercise, how im doing, my food, my wiegh ins my whatever and go and comment that many times on other peoples stuff. It makes me happy when someone takes the time to comment on my stuff. Why cant we all just take the time to say good job to someone?

secondly, no more calling each other names. we arent in first gradeanymore . no more ":thats the stupidest thing i have heard of" if you disagree try "I have never heard of any medical backing to what you are saying"

thirdly, try to get to know your mfp friends better. get a new friend a week and make it your goal to learn five facts about them. if we can all get along and make new friends, why not?

fourthly, i do not end on a bad note. Keeo up the good work everyone.

Replies

• annie41977
    Options
    Great post! I agree! I know I need the support. This is a great reminder to give support if you want to receive it! Thanks!!!!
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I agree with you! You are definitely a motivation to me. At 19 you are wise beyond your years. Keep up the great work!
  • rrgrove
    rrgrove Posts: 73
    Options
    without support i get nowhere
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I AGREE!!! we all need the support & motivation from one another. : )
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I've had the exact opposite reaction from my friends ... KUDOS BUDDIES! :wink:
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    That's a good suggestion and one that I would highly endorse as long as some idjits don't try and lecture me on the pros and cons of my dieting schedule or don't bother to read the post properly and then advise me to do lots of exercise when I have already stated that I am disabled!...:explode:
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I agree! I have been feeling kind of down lately that my MFP friends haven't been commenting on my posts and I take the time to comment and encourage them. :( I need motivation too that's why we are all here!!
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    I agree too, i try my best to comment on my f riends achievements each day, so feel free to add me if you want:flowerforyou:
  • karlakk
    karlakk Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I try to motivate my friends as much as I can, so friend me :)
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100%! :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work (right back at you)!

Though I do have to say I have very very supportive friends on MFP. If any of you are reading this....thank you! I appreciate all you do to support me! (((hugs))) :flowerforyou:
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    i agree...that is why we are all here :)
  • 623Hernandez
    Options
    All my MFP friends have been great!!!!! If someone is an annoying *kitten* I just delete them! And if I do not agree with a post I don't reed it again. I hope your MFP experience improves! You are reaching your goal quickly! That is great! :flowerforyou:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    My friends are excellent and we all support each other and are aware of what is happening in each other's lives. I'm sorry this has not been your experience. As for the name calling, I don't see much of that, but I agree that there are better ways to express one's self.

Keep up the positive attitude!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I agree. I only stay because of the support. I have great peeps here!
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have some really awesome friends. Never had any name calling.
  • Speedy89
    Options
    then we can all hug and frolic through strawberry fields together.
  • chollingshed74
    chollingshed74 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    agreed...i does feel good when you're motivated...its that support system that gets you through..knowing you're not alone and someone cares about your success :) name calling? #wheretheydothatat (smh)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Whee!
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

lol
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    When my friends don't comment, I know it's bc they are busy. People have families...kids, school projects, husbands, .... jobs.... school. I don't comment on my friends every day... nor do they on mine.

If you need constant input, perhaps you could make some friends in school or on your job... not everyone has the time to be online. Read the posts..google other blogs, read a clean eating site.... there's plenty out there to be found.

I don't meant to sound negative. But you're basically bashing people then asking for support?

At 19 you may not have the responsibilities others have.

Love the strawberry fields comment... yeah really! :)

PS I don't know how to get back to threads I've read or posted... not that I post often. So I more than likely won't see your replies.
    I've never heard anyone name call on here. But like in all of real life, I am sure it exists. A wise professor of mine used to say, "Eat the meat, spit out the bones." Kind of ironic on a food website.

Good luck in your journey and in finding support and motivation.