New to my fitness pal

Options
HI everyone~

My name is Krystan. I'm a proud mommy of my 3yr. daughter Khloe. I'm 25 and scared to death of my currrent weight. Realizing I'm a young mom I decided it was time to change. I know there's more to losing weight than diet and exercise, there's a lot of emotional understanding of how I got to the weight I am today. However, I'm struggling with the exercise part due to a back injury I had a year ago. But I refuse to give up. My daughter and boyfriend are my world. i would be lost without there love and support. Im hoping to get a few friends to maybe help keep me motivated and on the right track. So if your interested in helping a gal out that would be amazing and appreciated!! I look forward to meeting you.

Replies

• twyrm
    twyrm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. This is a great site and lots of support.
  • cuteasabutton03
    Options
    Thanks.... I hope so, I've tried so many diets in the past and didn't follow through. I hope this site will give me the edge I need.
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is AMAZING and so helpful in understanding everything about weight loss and maintaining. The best advice I have ever gotten is this: It's not a diet or exercise regimen...it's a lifestyle :-) Good luck on your journey!!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi Krystan,

I am an older mom (41) but have young children (2 and 4) so can relate to the challenges you face. Also, I have a neck injury from a car accident 15 years ago that causes issues with my ability to work out when I don't take care of myself properly. I am happy to give you any support I can... feel free to add me as a friend... the more support the better... it helps keep us honest :smile:
  • Semperfione
    Options
    Hello Krystan, and welcome!!! You have made a wise decision, both in choosing this site, and to change your way of life...and realize this is now all about you, and for your loved ones...I wish you much success here, these people on here are just like you and me, we all have one thing in common, food, and wanting to change our life, to win this battle and lose the weight we are tired of carrying around. You go for it Krystan....we are all here to help you. :)
  • LadyLeeLee
    LadyLeeLee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Krystan,

I too am new to this site and love it. I recently came across the book the 3 hour diet by Jorge Cruise and his concept is to break down your daily calories over 6 meals every 3 hours without working out. Exercise of course will make your body more tone, but atleast it's a step in the right direction. If you get a chance check it out and see if this will assist you in your fitness goals. I on the other hand am past child bearing and heading into menapause (age 49) which sucks so I'm hoping by the end of the year I can take off the 20 I gained. Good luck and just take 1 day at a time.
  • Tani316
    Tani316 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hello Krystan, I joined this program last month and am just now having the courage to post something. I'm 24 and have spent most of that time waiting on my life to start. Now I've had to move back into my parent's home and have gained an additional 35 pounds (on top of the extra 50 I was already carrying around) in the 3 months since. I signed up as the first step to taking control of me and stop letting life happen to me. So Kudos to you K! Keep going after what you want, I've got your back.