BF while not dieting but trying to eat healthy

Options
Just wondering if there are other moms who are BF and trying to keep thier food choices healthy while resisting the urge to down sugar. What kind of foods are you eating and how are you doing on the calorie counter? Mine says to eat about 1800 a day while my dr. says 2000 at least, anyone else having this issue?

Replies

• Ayla20103005
    Ayla20103005 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    how old is your baby? New born? If a newborn, id just eat when hungry and make healthy choices as much as possible, without counting calories. When your baby is young and your supply is still adjusting it can be affected by weight loss.
    Ive just finished breastfeeding after 4 years straight (2 children no gap). I did do weight watchers though after both from around 6 weeks, but always ate the extra breastfeeding points. Just try not to be too strict on yourself till your baby is a bit older (if they are very young) until your supply works itself out.
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am currently pregnant, and what I've gleaned from most of the information I have read is to eat somewhere around 500 extra calories if you are breast feeding. But I'm sure that's just a guesstimate, and could be different for the individual.
  • elizetta
    Options
    My little man is 10 weeks, and I like the calorie counter but haven't been mad/upset with myself if I go over. I'm mainly using it to make sure I'm not just junk fooding it everytime I eat. As anyone BF I'm sure can attest when you're hungry you just grab something easy, but I want to make sure I'm finally grabbing something that's good for me and easy. I wish there was a way to adjust the calorie counter up to where my dr. wants my intake to stay because that'd be far more helpful.