Need help with calories (eating too few!)

Options
Hi everyone!

Since doing MFP, and being extremely busy, I have noticed that I am not eating enough calories (700-900 a day.) I do not mean to do it, I am just not hungry! I eat three meals a day and sometimes snacks, do you have any suggestions of how to keep my calorie levels normal? Do you have any healthy food ideas?

Thank you!

Replies

• 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Nuts! seriously. they are good for you, but higher in calories, add some to cereal? or just on the run?
    Cheese? gawd i miss cheese....
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    If you are low on some days, make up for it on other days, especially days you feel hungrier. Your body doesn't need a specific amount each and every day. It's the long run that really counts.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's like my breakfast right there. Get peanut butter and a spoon. Problem solved. Find a friend with jelly, and another friend with whole wheat bread. PROBLEM KICKED IN THE @$$ :drinker:
  • TracyJackson1969
    TracyJackson1969 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the missing cheese comment, since I have started MFP I have learned to cut as many calories as possible and condiments and cheese were a biggie for me too. I wish I had the problem of not eating enough calories and I am pretty busy too but I don't have that problem.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I make protein shake smoothies and use V8 Fusion if I have too severe a defecit. Liquid calories are pretty easy.
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's like my breakfast right there. Get peanut butter and a spoon. Problem solved. Find a friend with jelly, and another friend with whole wheat bread. PROBLEM KICKED IN THE @$$ :drinker:

ROTFL!
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    dried fruit. easy to stick in baggy in pocket and will give you alittle natural sugar pick me up. just make sure u eat atleast 1200 or it will all come back again. slow and steady wins the race
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Check out my blog. Lots of ideas for food and snacks.
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    thank you all! :D I enjoyed the PB and J comment!!
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

LOL! Love that!

I use to have this problem too. When I am super busy I tend to forget to eat...so bad! Protein shakes are great to fill in some calories. Add a banana, whole milk (since you need the calories!), peanut butter...anything healthy and higher in calories!
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    I second the comment about nuts, especially about unsalted almonds. They are good for you. If I'm really low on calories, I'll make a packet of instant oatmeal since I never seem to get enough carbs in my diet, according to MFP.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I think my cheese consumption actually went up when I started the diet, and my peanut butter consumption definitely did. Almond butter too. My days often end with a sliced apple and however much microwaved peanut or almond butter is needed to bridge the gap in my calorie budget. Greek yogurt is another good gap filler. Add a few grams of instant pudding mix and it takes on the texture of cheese cake.
  • txmike64
    txmike64 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Eat on a schedule. I take about 1000 calories to work with me, including breakfast and lunch, and I eat it over the course of the day, one serving at a time. Carrots, fruit, zone bars, maybe some cheese or lean meat and protein shake mix.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Snickers Marathon Bar!!!