tired of JUST counting cals...

Options
I'm not doing too well with this. im getting bored. i know; chips, cookies, cake, etc is no nos! fruit, veggies, lean meats are all good...but it gets so boring!

i am already getting tired of just counting cals!

i want to follow a meal plan/dieting plan! i want to DO SOMETHING besides just log cals. its feeling so BLAH and im not wanting to stick to it! :-/

suggestions? (and no- i dont want to spend $$ on books/etc. just to follow a diet/meal plan.)

Replies

• choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Eat the chips/cookies/cake---just log them under your daily goal. Better yet, exercise and use your exercise calories for those 'treats'.
  • iAm_misspiggy
    iAm_misspiggy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Dr. Ians 4 day diet. Gives variety. Google it
  • missyjmet
    missyjmet Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    plan out your meals for the week: breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. keeping things within your calorie budget. you get to experiment with different recipes, flavors, etc. then each day, you go to your "menu" and see what your supposed to eat-it may feel like you're following a diet and may keep you from getting bored.
  • lowridershank
    lowridershank Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Counting Calories has been the best for me because I eat anything I want.. chips, cookies,chocolate, etc... but I stay within my calorie goal 90% of the time. I make better decisions because I know what my allotment for the day is. My biggest problem is that I didnt know how many calories was in the foods that I was eating... Keep it up and you find that you will want to make better choices.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you want a meal plan, I bet there are lots of freebies out there.
    There's one on this site - you have to join up, but it's free. I'm not a big fan of his two days in the first week of eating soup, but once you get past that there are pretty healthy meal options for each day (personally I would ignore the advice about supplements too, bear in mind that this is sponsored by a supplement company!).
    http://www.weighitup.com.au/

I'm sure that if you google 1500 cal meal plan (or whatever your goal is) you'll find lots of ideas.
  • stefa777
    stefa777 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Unfotunately there is no "easy" way out! I can tell you from experience that I have tried just about every diet out there, spent hundreds, lost hundreds and gained hundreds over the years!

mfp is the first program ive used that works!!
    Eat whatyou want just stay within your calorie count, work-out if you need to go crazy! This is a way of life, not a plan!!
    PLANS dont work---sorry!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    For me it's all about living a life I want to live, making it better, not sucking all of the joy out of it so I can be skinny.
    Life without chocolate is not worth living.

I make a list of all the foods you love.
    Make all the healthy ones your go to foods.
    Make all the decadent ones your special treat foods budget for them and enjoy them without guilt.

I did the 1st 10 lbs @ 1 lb/week
    the next 20 I did @ 1/2 lb/week because it was more livable.
    The last 5 should take about a year, because I'm going to maintenance for my final goal weight.