Lost 25lbs. but now dealing with constant hunger/cravings

Options
I have had a consistent diet and exercise routine. I have lost 24/25lbs so far but I have noticed that the last two weeks I am very hungry all the time. This is something new, and did not happen the last three months. My friends think it is due to a faster metabolism but I have no idea.

Has this occurred to anyone else during weight loss?

Replies

• sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I feel like that sometimes. I try to keep some filling snack close by to curb it. A couple almonds, rice cakes, veggies.
  • livinghcglacey
    Options
    eat more protein
  • jann34
    jann34 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have also lost weight but the opposite happened ,i am not hungry . But my daughter was just complaining about that today , she said no matter what she does she is always starving , even right after eating . I have found that the less carbs i eat the less hungry i am, but when i eat a high carbs item such as noodles , or bread im hungry not long after.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Yes. I've lost 55 pounds and I've had a really hard time staying below my caloric limit the last few days. I'm okay with it, I just figure my body needs more nourishment. As long as I am balanced or have a small deficit, I'm not worrying about it.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Yes ive noticed that happened at that same time.

When I hit a loss of 25 I needed to eat more and exercise more..

Wishing you success.
  • KV47374
    KV47374 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    More protein is key, that and higher good fats...beware of low fat items...they usually have higher carbs and sugar which causes you to be hungry quicker. The post above advising almonds, nuts is good...also avocados are good too.
  • CMWLpatient
    Options
    Eat more protein and less carbs. Snack between meals to keep you blood sugar elevated. Do not drink fruit juice; eat fruit instead. Do not skip a meal.
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    Just about the same here. I've lost right about 30 pounds and never felt hungry or like eating more than my calorie goal until about two weeks ago. I added an extra 150-200 cals a day to my morning snack and seem to be losing at the same rate but still hungry, so I'll be adding another 150-200 in the evening to see what happens. How far are you from your goal now, it looks by your ticker that you're fairly close? It may just be your body wanting more as you near your maintenance.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I only lost 5lbs and I'm super hungry. I'm not sure what to do about it. I've tried the protein, I've tried eating more, but honestly, no matter what, I'm still hungry.
  • AronP
    AronP Posts: 4
    Options
    I only lost 5lbs and I'm super hungry. I'm not sure what to do about it. I've tried the protein, I've tried eating more, but honestly, no matter what, I'm still hungry.
    Work out more, and you get to eat more. I couldn't go a day at this point without working out -- I'm too used to eating the extra calories.