HURRY! Salmon is on the grill

Options
How do i know its done? i heard when its flaky. my BF is saying its supposed to turn white. is it supposed to be white before its done? i could have sworn when i first decided to do this someone told me it would only take 1-3 minutes per side. but it still looks very undone.

HELP!

Replies

• JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    400 degrees for 10-13 minutes depending on thickness :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options
    It does NOT turn white... lol It just gets a little lighter in color
  • JamesonsMommy
    Options
    cookes best when wrapped in foil :)
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Salmon is pink and stays pink. It should NOT be white! Scrape a fork over if and if it flakes then it is done.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Salmon is pink. Always. lol You'll want to make sure it's not still spewing liquid, but you don't want it too dry either.

I know-doesn't help much. The best way to cook salmon is to poach it and then just put it on the grill for a little bit of char!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Good thing about salmon is that if its medium rare OR rare, its still safe to eat. I prefer my salmon medium rare, warm but not all the way cooked but not cold.

It doesn't turn white but like the above post says, it turns lighter.

If you cook it too much it will get tough, just cut it in half and check the inside and see if its done to your liking. It doesn't take very long to cook salmon (unless it was frozen)
  • can it be re-heated? like if i have left overs tonight can i noke it for lunch tomorrow?
  • Seventhwave
    Options
    Yes, you can eat it the next day. Once it's cooked, keep in in the fridge (obviously) and then eat it within 48 hours would be my advice.

A little homemade mayonnaise will go nicely with it as well - made with healthy olive oil, a whole egg, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.