I'm Taryn from Seattle and I'm new here

Options
Hello Everyone,

I'm 32, married, and live in rainy, gray, cold Seattle. ( I don't like the climate I live in. The thought of working outside in the cold dark is a no go for me!). I luckily do have a gym membership.
I'm 5'7" 180 lbs, and desperately need to lose at least 30 pounds.
-I have some vacations coming up in Dec. and Feb. and I'm horrified to be in a bikini.
-I have knee pain I think is probably due to the extra weight on them :( I also have a slight low thyroid.
-I have over heard people behind my back insult me saying I'm fat!!
-I have so many cute sexy clothes that I used to wear a few years ago, that I want to get back into!!
-I've been on many diets, the only thing that worked for me is low carb, but I did gain the weight back after because I didn't change my lifestyle to continue eating that way.
-After I got married 2 years ago, that's when I really started to gain the weight, I had a huge life change moving from Canada to a new country (USA). And I think a lot who are married (or living with a partner) would agree that its very easy to gain weight when "nesting". I started eating the huge 'man' portions like my husband, drinking a lot more alcohol and eating late night with my husband like he has done for his whole life. I adopted his bad habits and abandoned my good habits. I'm drinking wine and eating chocolate as I write this !!!!!!! ugh!

I need support, motivation, check in buddies, accountability ! Please add me and lets help each other out ! :)

Replies

• astrand1800
    astrand1800 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    welcome! I am almost 32 ;), am from Oregon and have been using this site daily for a couple months. It works!
  • skyesmith9489
    Options
    This site is awsome! what you do that day it will tell you what you will weigh in 5 weeks which is awsome:) Fill free to add
  • kpotts68
    Options
    Welcome Taryn - This is a great community of support, tracking and move your $%* motivation. Lots of people in the same boat and working together. I hear you on the wine, it is my true weakness. I have only been involved with MFP for about 3 weeks, but it works. Just log and exercise and it will happen for you. I had to make a deal with myself - no wine during the week. That was the hardest, but now its not so bad.

Good Luck!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Taryn,

I'm a wee bit older than you, also married and looking to lose about 20 pounds (lost 6 so far). It's spring where I am and raining a LOT but hey, just went for a short walk outside.

Feel free to add if you're looking for more buddies :).

Cheers,
    EJ
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 and another Seattlite. I'm struggling with the weather right now too. :)

I've lost 20lbs since the end of June without ever feeling like I'm dieting. MFP is a great tool- you can still have your wine and chocolate, you just have to make them fit into your daily calories! I've got 30lbs to go, so we're in a similar place.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want some more support!
  • ufoundtracy
    Options
    I am from sunny San Diego and have been a constant dieter. I have sabotaged every diet that I have been on and yes I did use the baby fat as a excuse for my weight gain. My daughter is now turning 13. Time to get busy and stop with my excuses. I am giving it a go again. I have been using myfitnesspal for a while and it works if you let it. I tend to forget to put in my food and then it is almost like oops I forgot. Unfortunately the scale does not. I wish you well on your journey to better health. Not only will your knees thank you but your back also. I don't want to get into a bikini since even when I was 13, I never could look right in one but I want to have better health. One year ago I was diagnosed with hypertension with a blood pressure of 235/115 and apparently my cholesterol is borderline high also. I have to start the journey back to better health. I want to see my daughter grow up! I have 135 pounds to lose.
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    I need More support buddies, motivation and friends on here... let's do this !!!!!!!! :)
    I need you