Kale?

Options
SaishaLea
SaishaLea Posts: 333 Member
Any tasty, healthy suggestions for Kale? I bought a bag at the store today, but not sure how to eat it.

Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    lightly steamed with tomatoes or lemon juice. Yum!
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Kale chips! Just bake them and season them with whatever you want
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Here's a fun recipe from the folks at Peta... http://www.peta.org/living/vegetarian-living/superfood-cuisine-cheesy-kale-crisps.aspx (Make your own tahini by processing sesame seeds in a food processor)

That's the only recipe I've seen recently. I don't buy or use Kale much, but one of my former classmates named her son Kale... I could never do that to a child.
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    KALE CHIPS!! Break whole head up into little chip size pieces, removing the stems. Put into medium sized bag and toss with canola oil (1tbsp). Add pepper or spices. Spread out onto cooking sheet. Bake 5 mins on 350F and check. Toss and re-spread. Bake in three minute increments checking frequently to prevent burning until kale is dried and crispy (usually one or two increments). Eat like chips!
  • crseedee
    crseedee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I add it to my stir fry or any steamed veggies. You could put it in salad I'm sure too. I searched allrecipes.com and checked recipes for ingredients I wanted and put in Kale and nothing else & I got a bunch of recipes :) Here's the link: http://allrecipes.com/Search/Ingredients.aspx?WithTerm=&SearchIn=All&Wanted1=kale
  • kwrecks
    kwrecks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree, Kale Chips, or you can juice them! It is delicious to add to any fruit juice, and it's super good for you!
  • Pie319
    Pie319 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I cut them stems out and sautee with onion and garlic and chicken sausage. so tasty!
  • SaishaLea
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! Can't wait to try it!
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I blend them into my smoothies sooo goooood!!! Lots of berries and yummy fruits :)))
  • SaishaLea
    Options
    I tried the kale chips! So yummy. I like it raw as well!
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    Our favorite kale recipe is sauteed. Start with thinly sliced onion, sauteeing in olive oil. Add the kale (washed, tough stem removed, and sliced). Add balsamic vinegar (probably a tablespoon). Toss and let the kale wilt. Toss on about a tsp sugar, and toss again. mmmm. Yummy!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I use it exactly like I'd use spinach. I've tossed it into stir frys and used it on sandwiches and in salads. I've minced it in the food processor and snuck it into enchiladas.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You can make chips! Wash and dry( be sure to dry it really well) and place on a baking sheet. Coat with a light spray of cooking spray and the seasoning of your choice ( I am simple: garlic powder, paprika, and pepper) and bake for 10-12 minutes at 400. Super easy and delicious!

I also add it to smoothies.