Nutritional info.

Options
Ok so I went to fred meyer today and my son got an individual cupcake. The thing is huge and I MAYBE wanna split it with him. But the package has no nutritional information on it. I tried to type it into the data base but nothing came up. Does anyone know where I could find the nutritional information for it. I do not wanna even taste it until I know if its even worth it or not.

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'd err on the side of if it doesn't have any nutrition info then it's not worth it.
    But by law everything needs to have nutritional info somewhere. If it's their brand you can try looking it up on their website.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    No nutritional value = no calories right? Enjoy. :laugh:
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This is for the Fred Meyer mini cupcake. Hope this helps!

CALORIES FAT CARBS PROTEIN SODIUM
    330 17g 43g 2g 200mg
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    CALORIES FAT CARBS PROTEIN SODIUM
    330 17g 43g 2g 200mg

WOW!!! Even at half, most low-carb folks would be viewing that is still too high!...
  • LindsayT2012
    LindsayT2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Where did you find that nutritional info at?
  • puppywalker
    puppywalker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I went to www.livestrong.com. You can find a TON of info on there about calories and how much different exercises burn.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    here is the link to some of the MFP fred meyer stuff, they are also called Kroger so you may be able to find it that way

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/fred-meyer-bakery
  • spottedlee
    Options
    I found myself in same boat today,, sort of.

Today, I was in Seattle and it was lunch time. I knew if I go to MickyD I will be in trouble, so I pulled into Safeway store to its deli section.. GUESS WHAT,, they don't have any nutritional info for ANY of the deli items! I decided,, ok,, white chicken strip can't be that bad,, and ordered side of onion ring (i know me bad) and greek salad (i know bad again),, total lunch calories (I looked and decided what is closest to what I got) as per MFP site was,,,, 675 GULP! but, it's a far cry from MickyD,, yes? Of all 3 items, it was the chicken wtih most calories,,, go figure!

Why can't store like safeway or Fred Meyer provide us with this info? It would be nice if they do.

I guess I go back to the gym tonight..........

Lee
  • spottedlee
    Options
    But by law everything needs to have nutritional info somewhere. If it's their brand you can try looking it up on their website.

There is a law? I don't see it everwhere,,just some place,, would it be in some states, but not all? Can you cite the law you spoke of? Thank you.
  • spottedlee
    Options

There is a law? I don't see it everwhere,,just some place,, would it be in some states, but not all? Can you cite the law you spoke of? Thank you.

Hmm, I never knew! I found this,, this explain why you don't see it everywhere...
    from http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/24/business/24menu.html
    "The new federal law requires restaurant chains with 20 or more outlets to disclose calorie counts on their food items and supply information on how many calories a healthy person should eat in a day. " It only mention restraurent chains but nothing about items on grocery shelf. Is that required too?
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'd err on the side of if it doesn't have any nutrition info then it's not worth it.

I agree! Muffins tend to be mega on calories in general, too.
  • LindsayT2012
    LindsayT2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    thanks all. I just decided not to eat it cause I can't find no info on it so not worth it:)
  • cinder701
    Options
    Same here I had a slice of Almond Larocia cake today from Domnion...NO facts....I hate that....
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    No nutritional value = no calories right? Enjoy. :laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!! That's exactly what I thought. BUT then after a few minutes of finishing that cupcake, I'd feel guilty. Hehe. Eventually, I'd look up something equivalent to it.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I realize it's too late now, but if it were me, I'd have just weighed it and guessed.
  • jessp1993
    Options
    hey guys is it true that coffee dosent make you eat as much ? im not to sure
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I would find a generic cupcake entry and take a guess. All our food info is estimates anyway, and you know a cupcake (from a shop/bakery) is going to be just a variation on a theme - the recipe isn't going to vary tooooooo much from one to another.
    There is no point in stressing about absolutely accurate info for everything you eat, it's just not possible.
    However, if this stops you from eating things that you know aren't really a healthy choice - maybe it's a good thing!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    When I can't find the nutrition info for food I usually just don't bother eating it lol!
  • Kelseyyyy22
    Kelseyyyy22 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    to spottedlee

I live in Seattle and there's a local law about posting, and every Safeway I've been in has it. You just have to know where to look because they like to hide it!