7 day belly fat blasting diet?

Options
Just got a copy of the 7 day belly fat blasting diet. Started today. Anyone else have it? Please let me know your thoughts on it.

Replies

• deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    My thoughts: spot reduction is a myth.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    sounds like nonsense
    Discover The 37 Foods that KILL up to 11 Pounds
    of Belly Fat, Excess Water, and ‘Toxic Waste’
    In Just 7 Days... Including Forbidden Foods Like
    Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and BBQ!”

and it doesn't even look like he takes his own advice

testi-josh-ba.jpg
  • flyer7871
    Options
    LOL!!! Just read through the manual... A lot of it sounds like the diet fitness models use to lean out. such as carb cycling. Nothing to restrictive. Just has you stay away from processed foods, and eating 5-6 small meals a day. Which is a good thing. I have a pretty sound workout routine. I have hit a wall with my weight. I lost 10 lbs in 4 weeks using MFP. I`m hoping this will jar my furnace. I will give it a week, and report back.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a load of crap sorry. You cannot spot reduce (noticeably, anyways). You will lose fat on a calorie deficit from wherever your body is predisposed to lose it first, which is everywhere in general for most people.

Also, in 7 days, all you will lose is water weight and maybe 1-2 lbs of fat (along with some muscle). There is nothing magical about this program, it sounds like you can get the results just drinking a lot of water, doing cardio, and eating a caloric deficit!

The Flat Belly Diet is a real thing that focuses on avoiding foods that cause bloat and not actual fat loss, but "quick" weight loss programs like this don't work usually.

You can go ahead and do it as I'm sure it's not harmful but his before/after pictures are definitely not 7 days, and he lifted weights :)
  • flyer7871
    Options
    The program is not just diet, but also working out. I`m aware that spot reduction is a myth. I will be the lab rat. LOL
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see a "diet" that is universally a good fit.
    Learn how to calculate your intake needs for calories and macronutrients, eat accordingly and lift/exercise.
    Profit.

Pre-written diets = bogus, for the most part.
  • flyer7871
    Options
    do you have a formula that i can use. Lets face it working out is the easy part. It`s about 90% diet. I would be grateful for any info.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    Yes, but I need to check MFP's terms of use before I post a link. One moment.

EDIT#2 PM sent.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    and it doesn't even look like he takes his own advice
    ^ LOL!