Options
karisbear
karisbear Posts: 64 Member
can someone help im so tired of fat free eggplant parm

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I like cutting the in 1/2 inch circles and coating them with breadcrumbs and making mini pizzas out of it. Good stuff.
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My mom used to cut it in slices, dip it in egg and flour and fry it. Serve with fat free garlic sauce. If you will use egg whites and (I don't know a low calorie version of flour) and bake them...I'm sure they will be better.
  • mmoonstars
    mmoonstars Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    slice the eggplant long ways to make thin lasagna like strips, blanch and use as noodles and do lasagna rollups or stuff with other fun fillings as roll ups and bake
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bake them whole, peel them off, put them in the blender, add some seasoning and either mayo or sour cream...makes a great spread.
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    low fat eggplant lasagne stacks....to die for!

serves 6 (generous servings :)

1 tbs olive oil, stalks celery choppped finely, 1 onion chopped finely, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 500 g lean mince, 400 ml pasta sauce
    2 tbs tom paste, 1/4 c finely chopped flat leaf parsley, 2 med eggplants, 50g baby spinach leaves, feta cheese 1c, 1 1/2 to 2 cups of low fat cheese sauce.

cook cel, onion and garlic in oil, add mince and brown through..add pasta sauce and paste. simmer till sauce thickens, stir in parsley.
    make cheese sauce.
    slice eggplant lengthways thinly and grill(oven or bbq) until tender.
    divide one third of beef mixture onto 6 diff plates( heatproof) top with spinach, 1 slice of eggplant then cheese sauce in layers(repeat to make 3 layers) sprinkle with feta cheese and pop under grill until melted SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!
    477 cals
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    can I have the recipe for the fat free eggplpant parm? And the nutricion facts? :) please, thanks!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    i'll slice it semi-thin, brush with olive oil, salt & pepper. Toss on grill until it's almost like chips. Yums!
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    slice the eggplant long ways to make thin lasagna like strips, blanch and use as noodles and do lasagna rollups or stuff with other fun fillings as roll ups and bake

Slightly off topic, but I bet you could do this with zucchini, too! Rollups may be hard unless you had HUGE zuc, but a lazagne would be dang tasty, I'd think.

Okay, we now return you to your regularly scheduled eggplant.

Pj
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Moussaka. I... Just... Yum! God bless the Greeks!
  • TaraMKL
    TaraMKL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love the Ratatouille recipe from the South Beach Quick & Easy cookbook. So yum!!
  • karisbear
    karisbear Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You ladies are amazing! fantastic ideas thank you!!
  • _Sonia_
    _Sonia_ Posts: 40
    Options
    Ratatouille is great, and so is Low-fat Moussaka--just make the bechamel with skim milk, broil the eggplant instead of frying it, and cut back on any cheese in the recipe! Last time I did that it came out just great.
  • buckaroos30
    buckaroos30 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    www,skinnytaste.com baked eggplant sticks I made these this weekend they were AWESOME!! and very low cal count.