Starting out again

Options
Hey folks,

I'm new here, and starting out again (for the last time I hope). I've only ever lost weight deliberately once before... and it was working, until I lost focus.

I know my biggest problem will be moderation in my eating habits. My second biggest problem will be exercising regularly as I work reverse rotation shift work.

I don't believe in diet pills or drastic dieting techniques. I want to train myself to eat healty, balanced meals.

The same goes for my exercise routine. I don't want to do drastic P90X style workouts. I want to change my lifestyle to be more a more active person overall.

I don't have an "ideal" weight that I'm aiming for, but I would like to get back under 200 lbs.

I'm starting a blog here so that I can jot down my thoughts and experiences, and hopefully they'll help others as well as myself.

If you want to, you can check it out here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/wolfxxi

Good luck to everyone else out there trying to change their lives as well :)

Replies

• LillyMosley
    Options
    Happy to be friends if you like...I agree with your philosophy, the changes should be for life!
  • wolfxxi
    wolfxxi Posts: 19
    Options
    Sure thing :) I'm not sure how that all works though.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    We're almost in the same boat...but my ship sailed 18 yrs before yours! At 33 you will have more success in losing weight than you would have at my age, 51.
    I didn't start out as heavy as you but I've got the same goal, get under 200 again. I think my highest weight was 260. Currently at 247 and feeling the good affects of: no more drive-thru garbage, no more 3000+ days of sodium, walking at least a mile every day...and on and on. You'll like this plan because it can be whatever you want it to be. It just teaches you how to be aware of what you're stuffing in your pie hole.
  • wolfxxi
    wolfxxi Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks cobracars. I remember from the last time I did a food diary that I would not eat certain things if only for the reason that then I would have to write it down. You can lie to other people if you want to, but you can't lie to yourself.