How often?.....

Options
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if you all do some form of exercise everyday or every 2 days or something??? I am trying to work out how much I need to do to start making changes and seeing results. Also, I am very self conscious and wonder what exercise classes or workouts you think are best????

Many Thanks
Beanie :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Exercising every second day will be enough to give you results provided you do moderate-intense exercise.

If you want to work out on your own then a circuit of compound exercises (Pushups, Dips, Bench Press, Rows, Pullups, Leg Raises, Situps, Squats, Lunges, Deadlifts etc.) give you the best bang for your buck. Choose 4-5 exercises and perform them in a circuit fashion (e.g., do 10 pushups, 10 squats, 10 rows, 10 lunges, 10 situps without rest. Once you have completed 10 of each rest for 30sec-1min and repeat 3-4 times).

For classes Les Mills BodyPump works pretty well.
  • emilymyfitness
    Options
    Walking is great excercise, it's free you can do it when it suits you, you don't need special equiptment or clothing,you can gradually build up your pace and stamina, and if you have a friend who wants to get a bit of extra excecise too you can have a good old natter and walk further than you expected without even realising it, I go out in the evenings quite often and sometimes we go for a couple of hours before realising it's etting late and time to turn back :) and you don't need to feel self concious cos no-one knows you are excercising!
  • mandajane39
    mandajane39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I try and do something everyday, even if its just walking to work... saving on fuel which is another bonus! Somedays hard to fit in anything else.
    I run... totally hate it (my school teachers would have be impressed though!) but have to say it DOES make a difference... I go out for about 45 mins.. but in no way run whole time... couldnt even if wanted! tend to run a bit then walk at a pace... plus its free!!!!

Like you, getting married next year and need to get in shape

Good Luck

Mx
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm really not into serious exercise - anything active you do counts to work off calories and help you get fitter and healthier. What do you enjoy doing? It doesn't need to be all gym-y or running.

For myself, I walk 15 min to work most days, try to walk for at least 30 to 60 min each day in the weekend, do a yoga class and I've started a weekly Zumba class. Even just 15 min walk every day toned my legs noticably, which was nice. I thought I had permanently awful ankles, but it turns out exercise helps!

Good luck on your journey!
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Sunday - Upper Body + 20 min HIIT
    Monday - Rest
    Tuesday - Lower Body
    Wednesday - Upper Body + 20 min HIIT
    Thursday - Spinning
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Lower Body
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Monday - Run (Gateway to 8k)
    Tuesday - Lounge room DVD (One with strengthening)
    Wednesday - Run (G28K)
    Thursday - Lounge room DVD (One with strengthening)
    Friday - Run (G28K)
    Saturday or Sunday - Warriorxfit.com and one of those days a free-run and another a rest day. :)

Every day I try to get onto warriorxfit.com as well, but sometimes time isn't on my side. :)
  • Beanie26
    Options
    Woah, thanks for all the replies. :flowerforyou: I think the every 2days thing might be better for me owing to the busy days I have at work and tiredness I can feel at the end. The gym is easy to access here and will be my main form of exercise but walking outdoors is also a good option. :glasses: Thank you for your replies and ideas. :heart: xx
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    If you start off with too much, you're going to get very sore and it can be painful. Some of us enjoy that pain where others, not so much. If you're one that doesn't enjoy it, it will discourage you from continuing.
    Any exercise you do now will help you in your weight loss journey. Eat healthy and exercise at your own pace. Start out walking at a relatively brisk pace for 40 minutes to an hour. To start out I would think 2 or 3 days would be enough. Start increasing as you feel comfortable. Once you start feeling really good and dropping some weight, work in some weight training in addition to your cardio. IMO weight training is more important that cardio when it comes to losing weight but you have to be able to keep yourself from getting burned out too quick. Losing 50 or 60 lbs can take up to a year or more. You're in it for the long haul.

Good luck!

BTW... I'm not saying you need to lose 50 or 60 lbs. Just using that as an example if someone was to lose a lb a week.