calories over-under

Options
Its 6pm and i have over 1300 cals left. about 800 of them are regular cals and about 600 are from exercise.. im really confused on whether im supposed to eat the extra cals or not? some people say yes some say no.. i dont know which to believe! also... since i have so many cals leftover and if im supposed to eat them all would it be bad to bake some brownies and eat them that way? will that affect my weigh in next week?

Replies

• B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The exercise calories are individual in my mind. For some people, eating them back is what works for them. I usually eat 1/2 of mine back.
    Also, I wouldn't eat 1400 calories in brownies just because I had the calories, personally. If you want to meet your requirement you can fill up on healthy higher calorie foods like almonds, and maybe just eat 1 brownie.
    It is all your choice, but that is just my opinion.
  • Candice83
    Candice83 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    thing is im so full its not funny! i dont actually want to eat... unless its sweet sweet chocolatey goodness hahaha
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I have about 600-700 left today and its 8.30pm - 250 from exercise rest from usual allocation. I am going to flag it for today but be mindful of getting my protein intake particularly tomorrow.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I'd be enjoying some brownie, obviously not a heap though.
  • persistenttiger
    persistenttiger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The exercise calories are individual in my mind. For some people, eating them back is what works for them. I usually eat 1/2 of mine back.
    Also, I wouldn't eat 1400 calories in brownies just because I had the calories, personally. If you want to meet your requirement you can fill up on healthy higher calorie foods like almonds, and maybe just eat 1 brownie.
    It is all your choice, but that is just my opinion.

Yep, this. When surviving on a deficit your body needs all the nutrients it can get out of the minimal calories. I'm on 1900 calories a day (not a deficit) and find it still takes a bit of dedication to get the right amount of fibre, protein, poly and mono fats in... plus, the less I have those treats, and the more I fill up on healthy foods, the less I crave them... so it all helps me in the long run.
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    thing is im so full its not funny! i dont actually want to eat... unless its sweet sweet chocolatey goodness hahaha

No you shouldnt eat that many calories at night, I don't eat my exercise calories as that wouldn't be a calorie deficit.
    If you aren't hungry then you don't need to eat