right thigh 0.3inch loss
left thigh 1.5inch loss!

How?

Confused? xx

Replies

• emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    Muscle maybe .. I wouldn't worry as you have clearly lost weight. Maybe only check measurements once a month
  • lottywood
    lottywood Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat! You have probably gaines muscle.
  • ninalynum
    Options
    I think you've gained some muscle =)
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    maybe because friday and saturday you were way over in your calories and also a little over last night.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Lower Bodyfat, increased muscle mass =) You lost inches yet you have gained weight in muscle...not fat
  • Dukowitz
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat. A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat which also weighs the same as a pound of feathers or a pound of lead. They all weigh a pound. When people say this I can only think they are referring to density.

Two pounds, taken as a percentage can be pretty statistically insignificant since bodyweight can fluctuate throughout the day and consist of many factors beyond lean bodyweight and fat.

A weight taken 6 hours earlier or 6 hours later or one day earlier or one day later could have also given you different bodyweights.

Based on the measurement differences it would appear you're moving in the right direction. Take those short term scale measurements with a grain of salt.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Muscle does not weigh more than fat. A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat which also weighs the same as a pound of feathers or a pound of lead. They all weigh a pound. When people say this I can only think they are referring to density.

Two pounds, taken as a percentage can be pretty statistically insignificant since bodyweight can fluctuate throughout the day and consist of many factors beyond lean bodyweight and fat.

A weight taken 6 hours earlier or 6 hours later or one day earlier or one day later could have also given you different bodyweights.

Based on the measurement differences it would appear you're moving in the right direction. Take those short term scale measurements with a grain of salt.

True, according to Dr. Oz, a lb is a lb whether it be fat or muscle. But muscle is less dense then fat. That is why you see the difference in your clothes. Fat is turning into muscle and since fat is less dense you see the result in loose clothing.
  • shrinkingsami
    shrinkingsami Posts: 40 Member
    Options

agreed
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options

agreed

She lost inches, which doesn't happen in a matter of a few hours so your post is irrelevant as it is clear she lost bodyfat and gained muscle.

Muscle and fat is not compared in weight but by their weight in volume....just so you know
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat! You have probably gaines muscle.

No... this 100% not true...

1lb muscle
    1lb fat
    they BOTH weigh the same no matter what - its how the fat is distributed in the body...a pound is a pound is a pound.

The more lean muscle mass you build, the fat around it does in fact burn off.... While you lose fat, you GAIN muscle mass from proper eating and exercising...

You will most certainly not see the scale change, BUT your body will most definitely show loss of inches... THAT is still a successful 'victory'...

While the scale uses numbers to show differences, clothing and the way it wears itself on you are an even BETTER indicator of weight loss...
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

True, according to Dr. Oz, a lb is a lb whether it be fat or muscle. But muscle is less dense then fat. That is why you see the difference in your clothes. Fat is turning into muscle and since fat is less dense you see the result in loose clothing.

Ahem, muscle is more dense than fat....

As the sensible poster above said, don't worry about short term scale measurements. The most likely culprit is water. If your sodium's been up a bit, if you've had some alcohol, if you're premenstrual, or even if you've exercised a little harder, your body compensates with a short term water retention that shows up on the scales. Cause water is remarkably heavy!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    soooo strange. weight gain2 lbs. However measurements:
    Waist, lost 1inch
    hips Gained 0.4inch
    right thigh 0.3inch loss
    left thigh 1.5inch loss!

How?

Confused? xx

I'm sure you gain a little muscle while losing a little fat like every one else said.

The one that kinda throws me though is the lost .3 inches right thigh, and lost 1.5 inches left thigh.

To me that sounds like you might have been measuring in a slightly different spot than you did the first time. Make sure you measure as close to the same spot as you can. Maybe make a note that your thigh is measured 3" above a certain freckle or something to help.
  • Dukowitz
    Options
    @tross0924 - Holy Cow! 152 Lost - Way to Go!!! :)