Day 4-Emotional Eaters

Options
Well I got off work last night and went by the gym and used the massage bed and on the way home I called my youngest son(both sons are cops)Anyways,a year ago he had moved about 200 miles round trip and that about killed me and boy did I eat. He has my oldest grandson which feels like my son and his brother.I hated it that he had moved and learned to deal with it and it turned out not to be so bad as I go down their twice a month to see the boys,now he tells me they might be moving again further away and their is no way I will be able to go and see the boys like I was. I am ashamed to say from 12-2am I did nothing but eat,It didn't make me feel any better but I was trying to fill the hurt inside. I did however measure food when I ate but still..........I wanted to be in control and lost it!

I go to the gym this morning so I guess I better do a lot of cardio today to offset it but I think I am ok anyways but the day hasn't even started. :yawn: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• adrianneboyd
    adrianneboyd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Just remember they're your family and you can get through this!!!! Stay strong, stay focused and stay on track! We all tend to eat emotionally for one reason or another. Just remember that working out releases endorphines which make you happy so next time you feel bad, try to sweat it out first!
  • jenro39
    jenro39 Posts: 29
    Options
    Get your sons to organise a webcam for you so that you can skype free of charge and can see all the kids and your sons whenever you want, we have family abroad and we set a time every Sunday for the inlaws to see us. Dont panic about the binge day, you are on the right track by going to the gym, we have all been there you are not alone. :)
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    start again today it a new day :) i do the same thing sometimes when I am upset. Luckily we go to sleep the sunrises and we always have a second chance ot gain control :flowerforyou:
  • darlandbaird
    darlandbaird Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that. Just remember they're your family and you can get through this!!!! Stay strong, stay focused and stay on track! We all tend to eat emotionally for one reason or another. Just remember that working out releases endorphines which make you happy so next time you feel bad, try to sweat it out first!

I know I will have too and I know in time I can but............unless you have grandchildren you can't begin to know how I feel. I feel good this morning to at least know I took the time to measure and had never did that in the past. Yes,we all do get emotional but if you look at my profile you will see this is what I have done for 31-32 years now,I am working on trying to break it but it takes time to break the cycle and I haven't managed to do it all these years,but working on it even harder now since I am older and I am so tired of loosing wt and gaining!! Thanks
  • elissaszoo
    Options
    Well I got off work last night and went by the gym and used the massage bed and on the way home I called my youngest son(both sons are cops)Anyways,a year ago he had moved about 200 miles round trip and that about killed me and boy did I eat. He has my oldest grandson which feels like my son and his brother.I hated it that he had moved and learned to deal with it and it turned out not to be so bad as I go down their twice a month to see the boys,now he tells me they might be moving again further away and their is no way I will be able to go and see the boys like I was. I am ashamed to say from 12-2am I did nothing but eat,It didn't make me feel any better but I was trying to fill the hurt inside. I did however measure food when I ate but still..........I wanted to be in control and lost it!

I go to the gym this morning so I guess I better do a lot of cardio today to offset it but I think I am ok anyways but the day hasn't even started. :yawn: :sad: :sad:

Wow, I feel for you. I was actually the one that moved away, it's not as far as your trip but I had been spoiled by living 5 minutes away from my daughters and grandkids. Now it's an hour. I'm a full time student and work full time so it's been really hard to etch out time to see them but I try at least every other weekend. It really sucks not being able to see them more often and not being able to attend all the functions of my grandkids. I really miss that. My oldest daughter at one time spoke of moving out of state (back to NJ which is were we are from) and for days I was devestated but I didn't want to verbalize my feelings and discourage her as I've always told my kids to "live their own lives".

Anyway, I get the middle of the night binge eating, I tend to do the same thing during times of extra stress (guess it's better than drinking!). I get on a roll and can't seem to stop myself. But someone else gave you good advice, just get to the gym and do a little extra, you are allowed to fall off the "wagon" once in a while, the important thing is to get back on track.
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    Get your sons to organise a webcam for you so that you can skype free of charge and can see all the kids and your sons whenever you want, we have family abroad and we set a time every Sunday for the inlaws to see us. Dont panic about the binge day, you are on the right track by going to the gym, we have all been there you are not alone. :)

My oldest son lives close by,this was my youngest son. I know that be better then nothing but it won't be the same and it will be just as hard on the grandson's emotionally as well as they are 11 and 9. They already miss me and my oldest one wants to move in with me and has wanted to for years as we are very close. I am not going to panic about the over eating but I am not happy that I did it but it could of been worse as the food choices were healthy and not fast food and I did measure and I am a long ways off of being over on anything on my food chart. Thanks
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    start again today it a new day :) i do the same thing sometimes when I am upset. Luckily we go to sleep the sunrises and we always have a second chance ot gain control :flowerforyou:
    [/quote

I am ok on calories and all but I am just going to try not to eat out of sadness today and eat when I need to.Thanks so much!!
  • darlandbaird
    Options

Wow, I feel for you. I was actually the one that moved away, it's not as far as your trip but I had been spoiled by living 5 minutes away from my daughters and grandkids. Now it's an hour. I'm a full time student and work full time so it's been really hard to etch out time to see them but I try at least every other weekend. It really sucks not being able to see them more often and not being able to attend all the functions of my grandkids. I really miss that. My oldest daughter at one time spoke of moving out of state (back to NJ which is were we are from) and for days I was devestated but I didn't want to verbalize my feelings and discourage her as I've always told my kids to "live their own lives".

Anyway, I get the middle of the night binge eating, I tend to do the same thing during times of extra stress (guess it's better than drinking!). I get on a roll and can't seem to stop myself. But someone else gave you good advice, just get to the gym and do a little extra, you are allowed to fall off the "wagon" once in a while, the important thing is to get back on track.
    [/quote

I was tore up when they moved a 1 1/2 hours away but now to move 4 hours away one way won't be as easy to see them. I AM THE ONE THAT said I was going to the gym but I go everyday anyways. I went back and charted the food and it isn't bad but just the feeling of not having the control and all.He says if they make the move it won't be for a yr,god I hope they don't move and I know I need to start preparing myself just in case.
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing really well Brenda. You obviously have a lot of strength and determination. I am all good at the moment with the stress eating. Thanks for doing this!
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Overall yesterday, I don't suppose I did too badly. There was the 1/2 can or so of pringles, a cookie, a bit of cupcake, a small KFC mashed potatoes with gravy (one of my all-time weaknesses - in good times and in bad), and some soup my brother made. The soup was very, very healthy. (He is a marathon-type-running-fool.)

Today, so far, I haven't had anything to eat. Hubby brought bagels and cream cheese for us. (Brother will eat Nutella instead of cream cheese - freak.)

Hubby also brought me a beautiful set of three rings for our 32nd anniversary. I had such a wonderful surprise for him for this year, but it wasn't meant to be.

Mommy is still hanging in there, but isn't even drinking sips of water any more, so...
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    I think you are doing really well Brenda. You obviously have a lot of strength and determination. I am all good at the moment with the stress eating. Thanks for doing this!

Thanks as I am really trying hard! I hope this group will help us all to be able not to eat or just to vent if we have. Hard to talk to people who don't know have this! I feel real good now since I been to the gym,so even tho I ate out of the emotions today,I am going to get strong and prepare myself in case they do move next yr. Glad to hear you are good!
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    Overall yesterday, I don't suppose I did too badly. There was the 1/2 can or so of pringles, a cookie, a bit of cupcake, a small KFC mashed potatoes with gravy (one of my all-time weaknesses - in good times and in bad), and some soup my brother made. The soup was very, very healthy. (He is a marathon-type-running-fool.)

Today, so far, I haven't had anything to eat. Hubby brought bagels and cream cheese for us. (Brother will eat Nutella instead of cream cheese - freak.)

Hubby also brought me a beautiful set of three rings for our 32nd anniversary. I had such a wonderful surprise for him for this year, but it wasn't meant to be.

Mommy is still hanging in there, but isn't even drinking sips of water any more, so...
    [/quote

You need to try and eat alittle something cause I think eating breakfast is soooo important and also go to long and you will most likey eat more cause you are hungry.Happy Anniversary! Hugs! Hang in there!!!
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I did fine yesterday up until 5 pm. I was pissy all day about being lonely and around 4 I was really wanting Cheerios. Which I eat plain so really they aren't bad. But once I start I cannot stop. So I took a shower thinking I'd forget about them. I didn't. I ate at least 6 huge bowls. I could have eaten the whole box. Then of course in my Cheerios induced coma I blamed my daughter for asking me to buy them. Nobody forced me to eat them - I have no control when I get upset. I thought about getting in the car and taking a drive but it would have been straight to McDonalds. I know myself all too well.
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    I did fine yesterday up until 5 pm. I was pissy all day about being lonely and around 4 I was really wanting Cheerios. Which I eat plain so really they aren't bad. But once I start I cannot stop. So I took a shower thinking I'd forget about them. I didn't. I ate at least 6 huge bowls. I could have eaten the whole box. Then of course in my Cheerios induced coma I blamed my daughter for asking me to buy them. Nobody forced me to eat them - I have no control when I get upset. I thought about getting in the car and taking a drive but it would have been straight to McDonalds. I know myself all too well.
    [/quote

I know what you mean! I have control sometimes but for the most part,this really upset me about my grandbaoys moving further away. I am not saying it was good about the cheerios but I think it could have been much worser food choices,so you actually did good I think. For me I always want sweets!
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    If anyone wants to add me I am on Face book under Brenda Darland Baird
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    My mommy is gone.

Bring on the calories.
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    My mommy is gone.

Bring on the calories

I am so sorry but eating more calories will only get you in trouble but I know right now maybe it is the only thing that can comfort you and besides that I am in no position to say how to eat,look at me from yesterday BUT if you have to eat food make good choices,or try please! Again,I am soooo sorry for your loss!
  • darlandbaird
    Options
    Need to be getting around and getting ready for work tonight. Hopefully everyone had a good day and for some of us hopefully a better tomorrow! God Bless! See you all in the am.:smile:
  • pawbabies
    pawbabies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can't even beging to imagine how you're feeling! I have three grandsons that I can't go 2-3 days without seeing. They are such a big part of my life. I'm an emotional eater as well so I know how that feels! You feel good at the time but hate yourself after! Hang in there and just plan on many trips to see them. Always have one planned so you have something to look forward to.