Healthy Low carb breakfast!

Options
Great healthy breakfast thats low carb and super easy! Sautee 1lb ground italian sausage with green peppers and onion. Spread on bottom of baking dish. Scramble 12 eggs, pour over sausage, sprinkle on feta cheese. bake 30 min. I cut it into squares and take a piece to work each day. delicious and filling!

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    looks yummy! Thanks
  • nortiekeeks
    nortiekeeks Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This sounds DELISH!! Think I will make this over the weekend for next week!! Thanks!! :D
  • Cerejacb
    Options
    Sounds good. I'll have to try it. Thanks!
  • bkelley32148
    bkelley32148 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    ooohhhh that sounds yummy
  • Dander
    Dander Posts: 26
    Options
    This sounds great. I was just getting bored of my usual breakfast :)
  • fiat
    fiat Posts: 17
    Options
    what size squares do you cut it into? i meen what is the calorie count? it sounds delishious
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Do you think it'd be alright w/o onions??
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    That does sound yummy, I've had a similar breakfast bake with Jimmy Dean sausage. I hate to burst your bubble but it's not healthy. Yes, low carb if that's your concern, but the italian sausage is high in saturated fat and sodium. It's fine if your sodium and saturated fats levels are good the rest of the day but I just keep it in mind.
  • Gia6280
    Gia6280 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Do you think it'd be alright w/o onions??

It's good without the onions too
  • Gia6280
    Options
    That does sound yummy, I've had a similar breakfast bake with Jimmy Dean sausage. I hate to burst your bubble but it's not healthy. Yes, low carb if that's your concern, but the italian sausage is high in saturated fat and sodium. It's fine if your sodium and saturated fats levels are good the rest of the day but I just keep it in mind.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm mostly concerend with the low carbs right now.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have to say the sausage part would make this exrtremely fatty? Not something I would have the time or inclination to do....I have 2 hard boiled eggs and a protein shake for my low carb breakfast!
  • Gia6280
    Options
    what size squares do you cut it into? i meen what is the calorie count? it sounds delishious

I cut about a 2-3" square, according to MFP, it's about 230 calories
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    Sounds really good. Does it freeze? I doubt I could get the kids and hubby to enjoy it but I would. :smile:
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

What she is eating is a healthy breakfast because Saturated Fat is not bad for you. I make my own italian sausage so I can control the sodium. How do you know she hasn't done the same?

Edited to add: I eat upwards of 70% fat per day and about half or more of my fat intake is saturated fat and my cholesterol I have been told is now too low.
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    How would it be with turkey sausage and a bit less of it?
  • Gia6280
    Options
    Sounds really good. Does it freeze? I doubt I could get the kids and hubby to enjoy it but I would. :smile:

I havent tried to freeze it but it probably would be ok. My husband and kids actually really like it too
  • Gia6280
    Options
    How would it be with turkey sausage and a bit less of it?

That would be tasty too! I use a pound but spread it out over a large dish, so there isnt a large amount of sausage in each piece.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

What she is eating is a healthy breakfast because Saturated Fat is not bad for you. I make my own italian sausage so I can control the sodium. How do you know she hasn't done the same?

Edited to add: I eat upwards of 70% fat per day and about half or more of my fat intake is saturated fat and my cholesterol I have been told is now too low.
    High levels of sat fat are not good for you.
    I was just trying to help, not cause problems. Just bringing up some things to think about. Jeez