High Fibre UK Breakfast Cereals

Options
I am bored with eating Bran Flakes and Special K does not contain enough fibre for me. Does anyone have any suggestions for an easily available high fibre breakfast cereal?

Replies

• michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    All Bran!
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna suggest skipping carbs for breakfast in favor of fat and protein. Eat your fiber in veggies, fruit or nuts later in the day.
    A zero carb breakfast has been shown to improve your ability to burn calories throughout the day.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'm using fruit & fibre at the moment, from tescos. 8.5g of fibre per 100g, so it really helps boost mine for the day as I usually have around 60g of the cereal.
    It's got raisins in it (my favourite part) and banana, coconut, apple, hazelnuts and almonds.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm an allbran woman too, it keeps me fuller for longer than any other cereal! not the scrummiest..... but crunchy nut cornflakes are just crap nutritionally lol!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Weetabix, shredded wheat and Jordans 'no added sugar' muesli
  • JoeyP2011
    Options
    I can highly recommend Dorset Cereals Super High Fibre Cereal - much tastier than bran flakes etc. I've seen it stocked in most of the major supermarkets.

Homemade bran muffins can be tasty too.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love Fiber One ! Half a cup is only 60 calories and has 14 gr. of fiber. I sometimes use it as a topping on my yogurt or just put a little in a bowl and eat it like popcorn as I'm watching a movie. It has a little sweetness about it that I love.
  • paul_draper
    paul_draper Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Porridge! Now available in loads of flavours. Throw in some dried fruit for extra fibre.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses. I shall be trying the Dorset Cereal and Fruit & Fibre.
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna suggest skipping carbs for breakfast in favor of fat and protein. Eat your fiber in veggies, fruit or nuts later in the day.
    A zero carb breakfast has been shown to improve your ability to burn calories throughout the day.

this is rather interesting. i will have to give it a try and see how it goes
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    for me it has to be alpen original or rude health porrige oats. i have one of these almost every morning. so far i have only managed to find the rude health oats in waitrose.
  • KaySera
    KaySera Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've always hated All Bran but now I'm becoming addicted to All-Bran Golden Crunch.:laugh: