Alli

Options
I have a few questions about Alli and wonder if anyone here could answer them for me.

* have/are any of you taking Alli and what are your thoughts about this product?
* If Alli blocks a quarter of the fat you eat, wouldn't you have the same effect if you ate 1/4 less fat?
* I have been told by members of this board that it is important to eat enough fat (I have a hard time reaching 40 grams), but if Alli is safe and blocks 1/4 of the fat you eat, then why is it a problem if I only eat 20 grams of fat instead of 40 if I am getting my full 1200 calories?

Replies

• jcummings69
    Options
    I have a few questions about Alli and wonder if anyone here could answer them for me.

* have/are any of you taking Alli and what are your thoughts about this product?
    * If Alli blocks a quarter of the fat you eat, wouldn't you have the same effect if you ate 1/4 less fat?
    * I have been told by members of this board that it is important to eat enough fat (I have a hard time reaching 40 grams), but if Alli is safe and blocks 1/4 of the fat you eat, then why is it a problem if I only eat 20 grams of fat instead of 40 if I am getting my full 1200 calories?
  • madiposa
    Options
    yes i m on alli i love it i lost 4pounds in 3weeks i only eat 15grams of fat on every meal three times a day its not like everyone says the scary stories about u have to bring a extra pair of clothes with you if you are serious that wont happend to you! so dnt go over your grams of fat!! anymore questions ask !!:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options

Go under message board and inthe search box on the top right, type in alli and you will get alot of info.
    Diet pills don't work. Be careful.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I have thought about buying it I have actually had it in my cart, thinking that I should get it to help speed this along. Thank goodness it was in the first aisle because if it was in the last I might not have had enough time to change my mind. After going thru my shopping I realized that I am eating healthier and I can do this. I think it will feel so much better to know I did this on my own. Plus I don't like the sound of the effects it has on your bowels. Plus it costs a lot. Money that I could spend on buying better foods for my family. I don't even know if it will do any good anyway. I also thought about the fat thing too. Now most of my meals are not that fattening so why use a pill to release fats that I may need. Lastly, I also thought about the consecquences of taking this pill and what will happen if it does work, will I have to take it forever just to maintain?? So for all the reasons I put the alli back on the shelf and it will never be in my basket again. Even though they started offering a coupon to use it. Too bad the diet industry will not get any more of my money
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    hmmmm-I am so proud of you. You would have just flushed your money down the toliet along with other thing:sick:
    Good job:flowerforyou:
  • becca51
    Options
    Alli is basically a system to monitor your fat intake, by making your body have adverse reactions to it. People lose weight because they are having to stay away from fatty foods--which carry the most calories (1 gram of fat carries 9 calories as opposed to 1 gram of carbs or protein which carry 4 calories)

If you need the extra influence to stay away from fatty foods then why not? I don't believe that the product itself actually does anything to stimulate weight loss.