Dukan Diet Member

Options
Hi There

Has anyone actually paid the membership fee for the Dukan Diet... do you thinks its beneficial or is the book enough?

Replies

• bratdesro
    Options
    I started the Dukan Diet about 3 weeks ago and I love it! I've lost 12 lbs and never feel hungry! The only challenge so far is keeping it interesting...
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I work for the company that runs their advertising and we don't get great feedback from the public however if you go onto wowcher they are doing a deal on dukan. I am on diet chef and swear by it
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I did it and HATED it felt so sick after a week and thought I'd throw up at the sight of any meat. Its how I ended up on MFP! I think its good to go low carb and just eat green veges and lean meat for a couple of weeks as a sort of purge but to avoid veges altogether and have that horrible taste in your mouth, yuk!!!!!

(did like making the little galettes tho!!) And you do get quite wise motivational emails every day.
  • hopeforsuccess
    Options
    I did it and HATED it felt so sick after a week and thought I'd throw up at the sight of any meat. Its how I ended up on MFP! I think its good to go low carb and just eat green veges and lean meat for a couple of weeks as a sort of purge but to avoid veges altogether and have that horrible taste in your mouth, yuk!!!!!

(did like making the little galettes tho!!) And you do get quite wise motivational emails every day.

Me too! I couldn't take it anymore after day 2 really! Am now trying to do low carb.
  • keithsutcliffe
    Options
    i know a friend doing it now, she losted 1 and a half stone in two weeks, sadly she has little energy.. and she got the book.... that,s probley the best thing for you too do.... maybe u don,t have to go full turkey.... maybe half do it, or do it for a week or two.. see dose it suit u first......
  • sdmcbride10
    sdmcbride10 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have the book and the book is very detailed as to what you are supposed to do. I did visit the website and not much difference as far as material. The one thing I would reccommend is finding out what your "True Weight" should be so you know how long to stay in each phase, the website is good for that. I personally see no need to pay for the membership it has no added value. I am now on day 3 of "Cruise" phase and I have lost about 7lbs. According to the website I should be in this phase for 17 days to reach my "True Weight" of 150lbs. Consolidation wouold last for me for 75 days and then I go into "Stabalizing." I say it has been a challenge but I am getting closer and closer to my goal each day. Good Luck!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    iv been doing it for 3 weeks now and lost 10lbs from it. its brilliant but i am getting bored with some of the foods. im never hungry anymore and i have more energy but i just needed some extra support and guidance with it i suppose.

if the membership doesnt really offer much then i wont bother x