hips and thighs!

Options
Hi

All my weight seems to be on my hips and thighs, especially after having 2 children, does anyone know the best sort of excercise to do to tone and de-flab these areas while im dieting? many thanks xx

Replies

• medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Try Jillian Michaels maybe? 6 week 6 pack and Killer buns & thighs are both great dvd workouts.
  • rgunn02
    rgunn02 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I love The Firm Dvd's (www.firmdirect.com) They incorporate lots of squats, lunges and dips - targeting buns,hips and thighs, while using weights and building muscles.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!
  • a1rose
    a1rose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    People have been suggesting lunges, squats, and sumo squats. :)

Also JM 30 Day Shred, for real!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Spin!!!
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I have a 47 hip but a 28 inch waist. Crazy difference. You can't spot reduce sadly am doing the 30 day shred.

I am only day 21 and have only lost 1 inch from my hips but two from waist and 1.5 inches from my thighs. the difference to my clothes has been amazing though. I would defo recommend that. I am gonna try killer bums and thighs.

Swimming has been great for me and I cycle a lot.
  • alyssamehus
    alyssamehus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Running and stairs are great. Some weighted squats and lunges are a big help too!!
  • Alice230
    Options
    I saw this one exercise on the Dr.Oz show. You get an exercise ball and stand on it. While balancing on the ball you do squats on that.
  • Tinks32
    Tinks32 Posts: 18
    Options
    thanks for advice! it would have to be something i could do at home because i have no time for gyms etc..so would step machine do anything at all? whats spinning? (other than getting dizzy lol) what dyou think would be the best sort of equipment to buy??
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Maybe try the 30 day shred. it is only 27 mins long. Spinng is a form of cycling exercise done in a class. It is quite hard at first.
  • Tinks32
    Options
    Maybe try the 30 day shred. it is only 27 mins long. Spinng is a form of cycling exercise done in a class. It is quite hard at first.
    Thanks, i dont know the diff terms! not sure on 30 day shred either! lol:blushing: i seriously need help!:happy:
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks, i dont know the diff terms! not sure on 30 day shred either! lol:blushing: i seriously need help!:happy:

Try Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (you can order it on Amazon. com or buy it at Target) to start then do the "Butt Bible"(ExerciseTV.com)...I have seen major results on my thighs. I have big thighs (runs in the family)...they are way more toned than before and cellulite is almost gone...woo hoo!

Wish you the best luck!!!!
  • Tinks32
    Options
    thanks for that, ill check out amazon x