Iamfit4life
Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
Fun or Icky?

I say fun, except for the protection "that's too heavy" factor. lol

Replies

• bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Fun... definitely! I am talking about actual working out, too... not bedroom olympics! It's great to have a partner to run, bike, treadmill, spin or whatever with. :happy: Working out alone gets really old really fast.
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Fun! I love working out with him cause I push myself harder to outdo him.. Now if only I could get him to workout more
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    We're toying with the idea of being each others' trainer. For some in-your-face motivation at the gym in an attempt to push those extra few reps out. I'll report back on results.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Fun... definitely! I am talking about actual working out, too... not bedroom olympics! It's great to have a partner to run, bike, treadmill, spin or whatever with. :happy: Working out alone gets really old really fast.

I agree! All I need to do now is find someone that I can stand to be around more than 10 minutes at a stretch that likes to workout.

Them are is rare breed! (Hick accent)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    We always go to the gym together, and I love that. We don't actually work out together, though. He does heavy lifting and I do cardio only. But, I love that we're there together.
  • PBJunkie
    PBJunkie Posts: 652
    Options
    Fun or Icky?

Don't want to sound harsh but she would just hold me back
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Fun. We get to complain together when things are hard, but we get to enjoy each other's company when seeing results :)
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    Fun! I love working out with him cause I push myself harder to outdo him.. Now if only I could get him to workout more
    funny
    my bf yesterday was commenting that he could tell I was getting upset at how much he was lifting, because I was jealous.

I talk A LOT so he was worried about hw it was going to go. But we did our lifting and that was it.
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    well, idk if you could count this as working out, but we go to the gym together and do our own workouts, or if i have to work he'll meet me there. it's fun to playfully look at each other, or shove a little bit but i love it :bigsmile:
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options

I agree! All I need to do now is find someone that I can stand to be around more than 10 minutes at a stretch that likes to workout.

You crack me up! You should have no problem finding a good one in SEATTLE!!! It's one of the best workout cities in the country (after Denver, Portland, and Boise of course! hehe)
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I like it. :) He's fitter than I am, so it's a good challenge, but we can encourage each other to improve.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    i think it's boring because I do A LOT more than my boyfriend when we go, and he never works up a sweat like I do. He's just not intooo it. Going to the gym is likee SUPER intense for me, so it isn't fun when he comes at all.
  • Iamfit4life
    Options
    Fun or Icky?

Doesn't sound harsh. Different strokes.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it. I prefer it, actually.

We both enjoy tennis (which is his main form of cardio) greatly. We have played 4 hours over the last two days. We also enjoy biking to the Quarry together and other out doors activities.

We don't belong to the same gym (he goes to the one at his tennis club), so I don't know how that would be. He gives me really good pointers on dumbbells when I am at home, so I would imagine he would be very helpful at the gym too.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Being a trainer by profession, I tell my wife if I train her it's not personal, so don't treat me like crap at home if I push you!!!
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    We often jog and cycle together pretty often. Occasionally we'll practice yoga together. I love it!

I'm not sure we'd benefit from weight-lifting together, but body-weight strength moves and abs are fun to do together as well.
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Fun or Icky?

I don't think you sound harsh - I have a similar problem. My hubby doesn't like to exercise as long as I do. Sure, he can lift more weights, but I prefer to work out alone and for a longer period of time (he maxes out at about 20 minutes, I prefer 45-60 minutes). It's my "me" time!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options

LOL I hear ya!!
  • ETC80
    ETC80 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    We do long walks together, and I love it! We talk and walk...great quality time together, in my opinion.

We have a gym in our apartment complex. We've went there a couple of time together. it's close to our home, so we can finish up at different times and not worry about waiting around for the other since it's only like a 90 second walk home...
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It worked really well for us. We recently completed round 1 of P90X. There were plenty of times where one of us wasn't motivated and the other was able to talk the other into working out that night. Where if we were doing the program solo, it would have been much easier to skip days.

Motivation also came with our body transformation. I am tall and thin and was looking to gain muscle, while my wife had a little weight to lose. On days/weeks where I didn't see much improvements to myself, I was able to see insane results for her...which got my fire going...and vise versa. I think the team approach is awesome. Not to mention, it really helps the two of you finding time each and every day for each other, which helps leads to desire and wanting the other even more.