Looking for "Friends"

Options
I am looking for people to be friends with on here. So far, I only have my sister and one other person! I am hoping that if I feel like I am being held accountable to people, I might do better! But so that you can make an informed decision on whether you would like to be my virtual fitness friend, here is a little about me.

I am a 35 year old mom from NJ (USA). I have two great kids and 2 dogs..and oh yeah a husband, too.

When I was young, I had no issues with weight. I ate whatever I wanted and I was very tiny (although I always had a little bit of a stomach issue). I am 5'2" and weighed about 100. When the college years (beer) hit I gained 10-20 lbs on and off, mostly in the tummy, and I stayed there. When I met my husband we pretty much gave up on the gym and dieting and when I got pregnant we both ate our way to 20 or 30 more lbs. Just when I lost it, I got pregnant again. This time we ate our way to 45 more lbs and diabetes, high cholestrol, and for me heart issues.

Yes. we both have type 2 now. Mine is pre-diabetes and his is full blown. And neither of us has this in our gene pool.

My youngest is almost 4 now. I have gone on brown rice and veggie diets with hard work outs 3-5 times per week and only lost 5lbs or so. It has been discouraging. This site is helping me as it is the first time I have counted my calories. But I have been at this for 3 weeks now with no results so far on the scale. However, I feel a million times better- no more aches and pains, heart palps, food comas, or stomach issues.

My main reason for doing this is to feel better and be healthy for my kids.

I am really fascinated by how addicted I was to food. But it makes perfect sense being that food creates chemical processes within us that can affect our moods, just like any other drug. Eating naturally without those food comas or sugar rushes, I feel really free and clear.

So that's me :)

Replies

• chocolatefairey
    Options
    Hey!

Feel free to add and good luck :)
  • Zeria
    Zeria Posts: 1
    Options
    you can add me too :o)
    Good luck!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am looking for people to be friends with on here. So far, I only have my sister and one other person! I am hoping that if I feel like I am being held accountable to people, I might do better! But so that you can make an informed decision on whether you would like to be my virtual fitness friend, here is a little about me.

I am a 35 year old mom from NJ (USA). I have two great kids and 2 dogs..and oh yeah a husband, too.

When I was young, I had no issues with weight. I ate whatever I wanted and I was very tiny (although I always had a little bit of a stomach issue). I am 5'2" and weighed about 100. When the college years (beer) hit I gained 10-20 lbs on and off, mostly in the tummy, and I stayed there. When I met my husband we pretty much gave up on the gym and dieting and when I got pregnant we both ate our way to 20 or 30 more lbs. Just when I lost it, I got pregnant again. This time we ate our way to 45 more lbs and diabetes, high cholestrol, and for me heart issues.

Yes. we both have type 2 now. Mine is pre-diabetes and his is full blown. And neither of us has this in our gene pool.

My youngest is almost 4 now. I have gone on brown rice and veggie diets with hard work outs 3-5 times per week and only lost 5lbs or so. It has been discouraging. This site is helping me as it is the first time I have counted my calories. But I have been at this for 3 weeks now with no results so far on the scale. However, I feel a million times better- no more aches and pains, heart palps, food comas, or stomach issues.

My main reason for doing this is to feel better and be healthy for my kids.

I am really fascinated by how addicted I was to food. But it makes perfect sense being that food creates chemical processes within us that can affect our moods, just like any other drug. Eating naturally without those food comas or sugar rushes, I feel really free and clear.

So that's me :)

Hi!
    I get it! I'm with ya... I'm Dawn, 42 single mom of a teenage daughter...the 40's have hit me HARD.. Please feel free to add me I got ur back girl!!!
  • jessashcher
    Options
    you can add me also if you want.
  • ameyc2002
    ameyc2002 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    hey add me and by the way most of the time if you are doing well and the scale isnt moving the inches are, so get a tape measure and measure everywhere you will be amazed...:flowerforyou:
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    welcome! you can always add me if you'd like!
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me if you like, I have been here almost a month and love the accountability that MFP provides.
    Patty
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Remember that this is a journey and not just about weight loss. Some people drop weight quickly but then go back to old habits. If you do it slowly and only eliminate what you can honestly keep out of your diet forever and eat the other things minimally you will learn to adjust and find you dont crave the bad stuff. That has been my experience since January. It didn't happen over night and it won't come off over night so slow and steady will win.
  • dkvote
    dkvote Posts: 58
    Options
    Nothing like accountability to keep us on track! It WORKS for me! Add me if you like! :))
  • SaraFlowers5
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!!
  • GambleGurl
    Options
    I'd like to be friends! :happy:
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well... :))
  • srooyen
    srooyen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I would love to be friends. I've just joined the site in the hope that sharing experiences will motivate me to keep going!

Your background seems pretty similar to mine too. I have two young children, aged 4 and 2. I used to be slim when I was younger, but always had a bit of a tummy. I put on weight between my two pregnancies and am now finding it very difficult to keep it off. I look back at photos of me when I was in my early 20's and wonder how on earth I can get back to that.

I've been on a diet for a few weeks but have not lost anything - mainly because I keep picking on the children's food and am easily persuaded to bake cupcakes.
  • SavvyFowler
    SavvyFowler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello
  • SavvyFowler
    SavvyFowler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just recently joined, I only have one other friend on here, please feel free to add me to your collection of friends :) Look forward to seeing your progress ;)