Hw does this sound?...

Options
so I'm needing a new gym routine, my body is used to what I'm doing grrrrr I really wanna get back into going to the gym and keeping it fresh ha ha

Sunday : zumba in the morning and running in the evening

Momday : cycle/rpm class

Tuesday : run in the morning and zumba at night

Wednesday : cycle/rpm class

Thursday : run

Friday : run in the morng and zumba in the evening

Saturday : rest day

Where should I put in my strength training?

Replies

• sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well you have a lot of cardio, maybe replace some of the cardio for strength training.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Well you have a lot of cardio, maybe replace some of the cardio for strength training.

agreed!
  • tjoggie
    Options
    Try swapping out some of your double session days with a strength/cardio day instead... Keep whichever cardio exercise you are most likely to do even if you are busy so you stay motivated. Throwing in some strength stuff will totally help your metabolism and get you out of plateau. Even if its just 2 or 3 days a week the strength training will make a huge difference.
  • smd819882
    Options
    I agree with the above, try only doing Zumba in the am/pm and then do strength at night. Cardio is best done in the am. Spin is a good cross training for running so I think eliminating the running and replacing it with weights will be effective. Remember slow and steady wins the race!!! Don't set your self up for failure, what I mean by that is don't commit to more than you theoretically can do!!! I don't know your schedule but just a thought.
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    Thanks guys...my biggest problem is I love to spin love love it ha ha and I also love to run....and zumba...like can't I do all three every day all day ha ha ha
  • ginny1214
    ginny1214 Posts: 338
    Options
    I agree with the above, try only doing Zumba in the am/pm and then do strength at night. Cardio is best done in the am. Spin is a good cross training for running so I think eliminating the running and replacing it with weights will be effective. Remember slow and steady wins the race!!! Don't set your self up for failure, what I mean by that is don't commit to more than you theoretically can do!!! I don't know your schedule but just a thought.

Well this was the schedule I was on for 2 months then my kids got sick and I got sick and i was out of the gym for two weeks :( except before I would do MORE than this :/ trying to tone it down
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...my biggest problem is I love to spin love love it ha ha and I also love to run....and zumba...like can't I do all three every day all day ha ha ha

Regardless of calories burned, your physique will improve if you incorporate weight training regularly into your program. I would recommend a minimum of 3 days/week. Even at the expense of cardio you will end up with a better product as your weight drops.