Song Lyrics

Options
King_Bee
King_Bee Posts: 275 Member
Am I the only one that changes the lyrics to songs in my head when I'm listening to them?

I successfully just changed the Cranberries "Linger" lyrics from "do you have to let it linger" to "do you have to pull my finger" I won't go into the rest.

What song lyrics do you change...if any at all.

I know I'm weird. lol

Replies

• SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    My hubby & son do it all the time........usually with very lavatorial & crude results :laugh:

Sue :smile: x
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    LOVE THAT SONG!!!!X
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    My husband always does that. I usually just wonder how in the world he comes up with that stuff!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    That is definitely a guy thing, LOL! :laugh:
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    My husband is always doing that!! He is a goober!! lol
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    There is a song by Whitesnake called "All I Want All I Need."

I love Whitesnake, but when I hear this song all I hear is, "in my butt, on my knees!"

I like to sing that to my husband when we're riding in the car and he just shakes his head at me.

:)
  • zoeysmom01
    zoeysmom01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My sons and I used to do that all the time. We especially loved to do Lynyrd Skynyrd tunes. Lots of fun.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My fellow sopranos and I did it to Beethoven's 9th when we were in college. :D
  • Tammylyn117
    Options
    I don't do it on purpose, but I am famous amongs my friends and family for getting lyrics incorrect. One instance was Gwen Steffani's "Holla Back Girl" I seriously thought she was saying "I aint no Harlem Black Girl". I said to my teenage daughter why is Gwen saying that? She about peed her pants lauging at me. I also used to think the GoGo's "Our Lips are Sealed" said "Arlis I see you". I sang it that way for years! There are many more, and of course my friends and family just laugh at me. :laugh:
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    I don't do it on purpose, but I am famous amongs my friends and family for getting lyrics incorrect. One instance was Gwen Steffani's "Holla Back Girl" I seriously thought she was saying "I aint no Harlem Black Girl". I said to my teenage daughter why is Gwen saying that? She about peed her pants lauging at me. I also used to think the GoGo's "Our Lips are Sealed" said "Arlis I see you". I sang it that way for years! There are many more, and of course my friends and family just laugh at me. :laugh:
    lol Thank you for that laugh!!
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    My bf does it ALL the time and it drives me NUTS! I have no idea why, but it's one of my pet peeves. Because I realize it's stupid of me to get irritated by it, I just keep my mouth shut and let him do his thing. He's not hurtin' anyone - just buggin' me. lol Why ruin his fun, right? :smile: