SLim in Six

Options
I am looking for anyone who has done or is doing slim in six. I just started and am curious to see how what kind of success you have found. At first I thought the workout was going to be easy, but two days into it and i am so sore. I am excited to see my results at the end of 6 weeks.

Replies

• AshleyMaire
    Options
    I haven't done it, but I've heard it's pretty awesome. Have you done any of the other Beachbody workouts? Like P90x? I'm currently doing TurboFire...WHEW is that TOUGH! Keep up the good work!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6 is great! I haven't done the program all the way through, but my mom has. She lost around 10 pounds or so and could fit into her "skinny" jeans again when she was finished. And like everyone else who has ever done the program, she wants to throw something at the TV during all those squats!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    I've done it, and I lost about 6 pounds during the 6 weeks. Burn It Up is one tough cardio workout! After my six weeks was up, I continued doing SI6, but I alternated between Ramp It Up and Cardio Core Express, still working out six days a week. I still lost an average of a pound a week. Consistency is the key, especially when it comes to how you eat. My favorite workout now is Slim Series, the follow-up to Slim in 6. It has way more variety, and it is a little more focused on strength and less on cardio than SI6. I really, really like it.
  • NikolettUSA
    NikolettUSA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, i just started the slim in six AGAIN, when i first got the dvds a few years ago i honestly loved it it works your bottom half so great, so now that i want a better body for the summer i started her dvds again i cant waite to see how my results turn out. I wish you luck also =D.
  • JeaniceBean
    Options
    Hi
    I just started it also. It's been sitting in the box since I ordered it (quite some time ago) and I decided to incorporate it into my routine now that I've gotten back into the "serious" swing of things again and the scale is headed in the right direction. I was incredibly sore after the first workout, too! I'm wondering how long a person should do the intro workout before moving on to the other one if the intro one did that to me! (...and as a reference, I haven't JUST started getting back into shape either, so it's not the "you're only sore because you've been sitting on your *kitten* forever" sore...lol)
    My plan is to use this in conjunction with other workouts so I don't get bored though. I belong to a gym where I do water aerobics once a week, yoga once a week, and I also play on volleyball leagues, and jog and cycle when it's not too cold to do so outside.
    :)
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,733 Member
    Options
    If you can do Start It Up easily, you should be able to move up to Ramp It Up any time (after two or three times of SIU would probably be good). I'd do Ramp It Up for a week or two before moving up to Burn It Up. She really picks up the pace between the two. I've been adding BIU back into my workout rotation lately. It's a good one!
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I did Slim in 6 last year and I lost two dress sizes and about 10 pounds. I was pretty sore too but you have to work through that. Its alot of bending so its rough if your knees get sore. I moved on to Turbofire after that which I love ooooh so much more but Slim in 6 will get you results.
  • DeadlyDame13
    DeadlyDame13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello i know im extremely late on this but today is my day one :) 3/7/11 on the slim in six i wanted to know if you stuck it out and if you had any kind of sucess ?
  • GRINWITHIN
    GRINWITHIN Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started with Slim in Six over the winter, and wound up losing a good 25 pounds in 6 weeks. I wound up buying the entire Debbie Siebers program because I can do it. A lot of the exercise programs out there had me frustrated because I just wasn't coordinated enough to jump from move to move. This is the first program that I could get through (AND I WAS SORE) and feel good about myself for making it to the end.

Because of work, and a really crazy summer, I didn't exercise and gained back 20 pounds.

I lost my job Sep 30 (closure of the company), searching for a new one, plowing ahead with my education and using this opportunity for another training circuit. The first 3-4 days last week was PAINFUL. I was stiff and sore. They recommend that in addition to your regular training (Start it Up, Ramp It Up, Burn It Up) you alternate between the 15 minute Slim and Limber Extra for flexibility and the 15 minute Abs workout. This round, I have been so stiff ... I have just been doing Slim in Limber (Second week started yesterday) and I have lost 4 pounds. Waiting for 2 weeks to take measurements but I know the inches are coming off somewhere the waistband in my pants did not feel uncomfortable yesterday ... :laugh:
  • GRINWITHIN
    GRINWITHIN Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started with Slim in Six over the winter, and wound up losing a good 25 pounds in 6 weeks. I wound up buying the entire Debbie Siebers program because I can do it. A lot of the exercise programs out there had me frustrated because I just wasn't coordinated enough to jump from move to move. This is the first program that I could get through (AND I WAS SORE) and feel good about myself for making it to the end.

Because of work, and a really crazy summer, I didn't exercise and gained back 20 pounds.

I lost my job Sep 30 (closure of the company), searching for a new one, plowing ahead with my education and using this opportunity for another training circuit. The first 3-4 days last week was PAINFUL. I was stiff and sore. They recommend that in addition to your regular training (Start it Up, Ramp It Up, Burn It Up) you alternate between the 15 minute Slim and Limber Extra for flexibility and the 15 minute Abs workout. This round, I have been so stiff ... I have just been doing Slim in Limber (Second week started yesterday) and I have lost 4 pounds. Waiting for 2 weeks to take measurements but I know the inches are coming off somewhere the waistband in my pants did not feel uncomfortable yesterday ... :laugh: