help! help! HELP!!

Options
I've lost 43 lbs since February.. This is the second time I've lost weight.. the first time was a few years ago, I lost 30 lbs and gained back like 50. This last month I have NOT been able to stick to my calorie limits and I've gained back 1.5 lbs. I could honestly cry!! How can I keep myself from slipping backwards like last time? I'm slacking on my jogging and eating bad stuff. I did really well yesterday and I know I'll do well today, but I need to find some kind of motivational slump buster! Please help! Any and all suggestions welcome.

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes from within. One and a half pounds isn't so bad. You should be able to drop that pretty quickly once you decide that it's what you really want. I had a bad week last week and gained three pounds. I lost two of them yesterday once I put myself back on track.

You need to remind yourself of the reasons you want to lose the weight. Make a list. You can even list both pros and cons: If I lose weight, I'll be able to hike that trail I love. If I stop trying, I can eat anything I want. Once you've taken a look at both lists, make your decision. Hopefully, you'll decide to keep working at it. Once you do, take your "pro" list and write it down or type it up and stick it somewhere you can see it every day like the fridge or your bathroom mirror.
  • mjgregg12
    Options
    I find that knowing my friends are reading my food journal and exercise journal keeps me on track. They are hard core so it helps me to make the right choices as well.
  • monicainacoma
    monicainacoma Posts: 84 Member
    Options

This helps. thank you!
  • monicainacoma
    Options
    I find that knowing my friends are reading my food journal and exercise journal keeps me on track. They are hard core so it helps me to make the right choices as well.

I had my diary public and I m ade it private when I started doing badly.. I'll make it public again today. That's a really good suggestion. Accountability is a good motivator.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Change up your exercise routine and your eating pattern...try a new exercise...find something new to eat...that you haven't really tried before...

We get tired of doing the same things over and over again..so we need a change of pace....do you strength train, add that in ..if you don't..have you tried Zumba, try that, are you part of a gym, maybe you should join? I get moral support at my gym as well, with my other co-workout partners...

If your not part of a gym...maybe look into some exercise Dvd's with strength training..something fun, like dancing...

How many times a week do you workout? Have you been drinking your water? Eating your fiber/dark green veggies? need that for digestion as well..How's your sodium/fat/sugar/carb levels?
  • valldeperas5
    valldeperas5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    43 lbs! That is wonderful! I'd say take some time and really remember how you felt when the 50lbs came back on...How did you feel emotionally? Physically? In your clothes? Then think about how you feel now. 43lbs down....You should be proud of yourself. Now...think about how you are going to feel 10 lbs from now...20 lbs from now....What rewards are you going to give yourself that don't involve food? Will it be clothes? A trip to the beach? You could go out and buy a new outfit that is a bit small but you can get into it...so as you shrink you can see and feel how good thin feels. Do you need to set new goals for food, exercise?

Hope this helps....Praying for you.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Jogging might not be for you. Work up to something like that. Maybe do something little lower key. It took me weeks to build up to harder work outs....30 min of working out to maintain weight and 60 min a day to loose weight is what my doctor said.

Just keep using MFP. My motivation is my health. If we let our self go we could get Diabetes that could leads to blindness and amputations of feet or more. There is a lot of health problems with being over weight... Also the more weight we put on. and then loose the more stretched skin we have. its gross i hate it. surgery is the only way to fully get rid of flappy skin. it feels weird. im suppose to feel great about loosing weight not feel all this skin hang like im pudding lol. but still i love loosing the weight.

You can do it!!!!!!!!!!! Educate yourself on food. read labels. when i had a very strong craving for something such as pumpkin pie. i researched it and saw how fattening it was and how it was made. and it grossed me out. but the craving was still there so i made a home made pumpkin pie with no sugar and no fat and you can find alternative recipes for anything. there is a healthier way of eating the things we love and crave. MODERATION we all know that

GOOD LUCK XOXOOX
  • monicainacoma
    Options
    thanks everyone.. This is all great information! I miss seeing that loss on the scale and I miss the feeling of jogging longer than I did the time before! Thinking about the positive parts of losing helps me..
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that stress can cause the body to hold on to fat. So, try not to stress too much about it and just decide to move forward in a positive way. You've already had great success! Maybe you could use that to motivate you?